Gutting rabbits

lurcherboy

I got a call at lunchtime from a mate asking me if I could take 14 rabbits of his hands ****** out but not paunched.

'Yer of course I can I will be around in a hour or so to pick them up'

'cheers mate'

'no problem see you soon'

So off I go to pick them up. A few have signs of mixy but will do fine for the dogs when boiled up well. We have a quick chat and I'm gone. When I get home I paunch them at the sink and load the guts into a double lined carrierbag, leave the bag on the worktop and then take the dogs out for a mooch in the woods. I get home an hour later and get another call asking me if I want a pint, silly question, so I leave the dogs with plenty of water knowing they will be laidout after the walk and make my way to the watering hole. Several pints of heavy later and I am on my way home when I open the front door to a scene from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The dogs had lifted the carrier bag and devoured the contents which they had puked everywhere and had given them the ****s. It took a long time to clean up but luckilly the quarry tile flooring helped.

The dogs have been treated with wormer tablets and won't eat for the next 24 hours. They will love that won't they :good:

So now you all know what not to do when paunching rabbits.

LB

:lol::lol::good: That reminds me of when after a good days airrifle shooting i arrived home and paunched my bunnies in the back garden. All was fine until the next day when upon looking in the back garden the contents of a bin bag containg various bits of bunnys were spread all over the garden :lol:

My wife took a while to forgive me for that one!!

bet the kitchen smelt nice

one evening a couple of years ago i shot 2 rabbits i sent a text to a mate of mine saying i have left you a rabbit in the usual place ,the usual place being my shed door from where he picks them up in the morning on his way to work.

the other rabbit was a bit shot up so i gave it to my puppy to play with in the garden we did a bit of retrieving for an hour or so.

next evening i was puzzled to get home and find the rabbit still tied to the shed door, 5 minuites later i got a text saying 'mmm the rabbit was lovely'

whoops

plinker

bet the kitchen smelt nice

one evening a couple of years ago i shot 2 rabbits i sent a text to a mate of mine saying i have left you a rabbit in the usual place ,the usual place being my shed door from where he picks them up in the morning on his way to work.

the other rabbit was a bit shot up so i gave it to my puppy to play with in the garden we did a bit of retrieving for an hour or so.

next evening i was puzzled to get home and find the rabbit still tied to the shed door, 5 minuites later i got a text saying 'mmm the rabbit was lovely'

whoops

plinker

:good::whistling:

once my uncle gave my other uncle a trout to eat, he took it home to cooke, as he was preparing it he noticed several puncture holes in its back, it was then that he realised my other uncle that gave him the trout had been using it as bait whilst pike fishing, he was'nt happy, :look: :look: