Andrew Litt (Litts, Newport)

steve_b_wales

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-wales-19629809

I was a member of D J LITTS in Newport for many, many years, starting back in 1983. It was run by Don and his son Andrew, together with a few others. It was (then) an excellent shop, with good service,plenty of free advice and a friendly family atmosphere. During my years of membership in the pistol club, I spent many thousands of pounds on pistols, rifles, shotguns and accessories, as well as introducing new members/customers to the shop. As the years went by, and the business grew,the personal and friendly service offered by the Litt team dwindled, and I, and many other's found that when we tried to get served, or ask advice, we were totally ignored, especially by Andrew Litt. He would literally look through me, only to serve his favourite customers, or those who looked as if they had a bit of money.He 'seemed' to forget that it was customers like myself, who helped LITT'S grow bigger and more successful. I got to despise this man, so much so,that I did not renew my membership with them.

I'm not going to gloat on what's happened to Andrew Litt, althougth I certainly won't lose any sleep over him. Like anyone else, who has scammed people out of many thousands of pounds, or in his case, millions, he has got what he deserved, although a longer sentence would have been better. LITTS, now owned by Sportsman Guncentre, is better, although there is still a trace of staff ignoring customers, and these staff used to work there when it was LITTS.

i ordered and paid for a Nightforce scope from Litt's a few months before they went bust. I got so fed up with the constant stream of bullshot excuses I got from them as to why I had not received it that I cancelled the order and demanded a refund. I got it just before they went bust.

They never ever phoned me with an update and every time I phoned them they were not in the slightest bit apologetic for their string of broken promises on delivery dates.

I hope they stick him in a cell with a bottom fetishist.

I totally agree with what Steve has said.

Andrew Litt was nice to me when i first introduced myself as a Customer.

After spending an awful lot of money myself at the store i eventually found that he had no time whatsover for me and was only interested in people with Tweed Jackets,a stupid oity toity voice and a Merc in the Car Park!!

I'm the same as Steve i have no pleasure in knowing he is in Prison but if you get on the wrong side of the Law and supposedly £60m in Fraud then your not gonna get sympathy from anyone!

myself and three other customers witnessed the depth of litts **** scraping back in 2006 , the four of us were waiting to get served and being totally ignored by the two members of staff reading an article in the sporting gun magazine behind the counter

when andrew and carl suddenly announced to the staff that a certain earl was about to enter the shop , needless to say all four of us were now totally forgoten about , and when he turned up andrew , carl , and the entire staff were falling over themselves to cater for his every whim talk about blatant **** scraping

it was sickining so the four of us walked out of the shop in utter disgust , and i never went back , i took my bussiness elsewhere , so it is a true old saying then , the bigger they are the harder they fall :good:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-wales-19629809

I was a member of D J LITTS in Newport for many, many years, starting back in 1983. It was run by Don and his son Andrew, together with a few others. It was (then) an excellent shop, with good service,plenty of free advice and a friendly family atmosphere. During my years of membership in the pistol club, I spent many thousands of pounds on pistols, rifles, shotguns and accessories, as well as introducing new members/customers to the shop. As the years went by, and the business grew,the personal and friendly service offered by the Litt team dwindled, and I, and many other's found that when we tried to get served, or ask advice, we were totally ignored, especially by Andrew Litt. He would literally look through me, only to serve his favourite customers, or those who looked as if they had a bit of money.He 'seemed' to forget that it was customers like myself, who helped LITT'S grow bigger and more successful. I got to despise this man, so much so,that I did not renew my membership with them.

I'm not going to gloat on what's happened to Andrew Litt, althougth I certainly won't lose any sleep over him. Like anyone else, who has scammed people out of many thousands of pounds, or in his case, millions, he has got what he deserved, although a longer sentence would have been better. LITTS, now owned by Sportsman Guncentre, is better, although there is still a trace of staff ignoring customers, and these staff used to work there when it was LITTS.

they are the same as them they dont want to know you less you gona spend alot of money in there,

• 4 weeks later...

I never knew Litts when it was Litts but have heard the rumours and horror stories.

What I will say now they are Sportsmans is that I do find the staff coureous and helpful and are always prepared to haggle with you whether it be a new gun or a second hand gun.

I picked up a Beretta 682 sporter there in great condition with original bits and pieces and got a new choke key, a couple of boxes of cartriges and a haggle down to £850.

They even kept it over the weekend for me as I had promised to look at some guns from another dealer!

I can't fault them!

Amishboy!