goose decoying lancashire

simon6ppc

hi guys today me, pigeon driller,fenntiger and stubble rash went decoying canadas, we got there in the dark and set up, we shot one duck in the first half hour, then around 7ish around 20 plus geese came over us,we ended up with 13, we picked the last one at the top of the field so it was,nt on the picture, we used 36 gram no1 mammoths again.we all think for steel its bang on, we also put a short video on sporting videos,

post-56146-0-56122900-1348335858_thumb.jpg

Edited by simon6ppc

Simon6pcc, i shoot at Blackpool clays also, good ground. I live just on the outside of town, had alot over at weekend. Maybe the start of major movement.

ye ive bin going ther for years now.i go out drinking wi andy sometimes.go wendesdays this time of year.hes put some clays on ther that need 6 to 8 foot lead some times.good place i think.it wakes you up if nothing else

i shoot clays at blackpool , last week we see plenty geese flying over the shooting ground,its the same every year there.

yeah the last couple of times i have been there last week there were good numbers of geese flying over and on saturday morning i could of shot geese in my back garden as they flew over my house just about roof level! (subject to legallities and understanding neighbours) ;)

ye ive bin going ther for years now.i go out drinking wi andy sometimes.go wendesdays this time of year.hes put some clays on ther that need 6 to 8 foot lead some times.good place i think.it wakes you up if nothing else

I do enjoy going up there, im not the best shot, but i do enjoy it. Some very challenging clays! I try and get up when i can, not as much as i should!

Great bag, heard loads coming over me! :) wanting to Solway, camping, shooting. Just need a friend to split the cost.

hi matty i used to guide on the solway for about 5 years there used to be a lot of geese then the most i ever saw was in about 1988 they reckon there was about 40.000 on i have had some good times on the solway alot as changed sins then there is still a goose are two to be had just pick the right weather

hi matty i used to guide on the solway for about 5 years there used to be a lot of geese then the most i ever saw was in about 1988 they reckon there was about 40.000 on i have had some good times on the solway alot as changed sins then there is still a goose are two to be had just pick the right weather

Funny you should mention the weather, I'm new to fowling, it's my 2nd season. Last year, we went a few times when the weather was shocking, and saw nothing, then, on a crisp clear day, saw loads?! I was always told, bad weather was best, but evidently not. :)

Funny you should mention the weather, I'm new to fowling, it's my 2nd season. Last year, we went a few times when the weather was shocking, and saw nothing, then, on a crisp clear day, saw loads?! I was always told, bad weather was best, but evidently not. :)

its only good for the geese you wont shoot many on a calm sunny day you want a good strong wind westerly coming on and easterly going off i have shot more geese in bad weather than i have in good weather you must know where the geese are on the sand banks to get under them and you must know where they are feeding in the day to get under them when they are coming back on

How would I go about doing that? Understanding where they are feeding on the banks, and knowing which direction the'll head off inshore?! Truly fascinating!! :)

hi matty go on wild fowling on pw ask the lads on there they will tell you the main places when they are coming off are prestside lady halls brow well the strip you can get day tickets for the reserve at carlaverlock

hi matty go on wild fowling on pw ask the lads on there they will tell you the main places when they are coming off are prestside lady halls brow well the strip you can get day tickets for the reserve at carlaverlock

did you say lady halls will strip at carlaverlock fenntiger ,,crikey moses mite go wildfooling after all...