Devastated Update

jackar7

To all fellow pigeon members.

Firstly thank you to all those who responded to my topic posting.

I thought I would just give you an update.

Bella is doing well after her ordeal and her stitches came out two weeks ago. She normally lives outside, but until her stitches were removed she stayed in doors and was spoilt by my wife. To be honest had she not gone back outdoors two weeks ago, she wouldn't of had any fur left on her due to the amount of strokes she received!!! Anyway, she's back out in the fields walking with me and desperate to get in the thick undergrowth and work!

She has seen a few dogs whilst out walking and has been a little timid but nowhere near as bad as I thought she may be. Her confidence is growing day by day, and our first beating day is the 20th October so all being well she will be fit and ready for some light work.

This event has been a big learning curve for me, and has certainly made me be more astute when walking her.

Anyway, let's end on a positive note this time, with the season about to start,and just like many of you I look forward to another season of capturing those precious moments with my cocker flushing and retrieving game and hopefully shooting a few myself. Happy Season Guys!

• 2 weeks later...