Dog bedding

showe

I have tried loads of things as bedding but my chesie wrecks them all. You're right with straw/woodchips. I have just stopped using wood pellets because of the dust they caused. I have just finished a dogbox for use inside the shed that is my dog's kennel. It is timber framed, insulated with polystyrene and clad with ply.

Pictures to follow here http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/209496-new-kennel/page__fromsearch__1

Shredded paper is the best I think. It's same as they use in stables and is thick and warm. I know because I'm always in the dog house lol. It comes in a bale and one lasts me about six months. If the dogs still damp it soaks up the wet and keeps them warm. Just bag it up when its time for a change and bin it. It has no dust etc in it.

Shredded paper 100%.

It dries the dogs off when wet & keeps them warm. Also easy to get and dispose of.

As previously mentioned in another post, I also provided an insulated box / sleeping area thats elevated and out of a draught - just as important as the bedding in my opinion.

got my kennel from ultra kennels, it has an insulated floor, on top of that I have put a 300mm horse mat 6ft x 4ft fits to the edges of kennel, there`s also a raised shelf with carpet nailed on, the walls and ceiling are insulated and boarded, and the dog flap is a magnetic one, the kennel has the back to the prevailing wind, they seemed ok last winter.

Edited by malantone