Hi

*Shiny*

Hi and welcome to PW. It may vary from area to area but in general the visit is to see what you are like in person, have the tea and bickies ready :) This will be an informal and relaxed chat, just tell them the truth if you have any questions a good time to ask if not lready asked. They could go through the application form with you, (mine did).

They will check where you have or are going to fit the cabinate (if not fitted they would come back for another visit to check it). Check what the house security is like probally they might have had a quick look before knocking on your door. If you had a weak point like a dogey door they will recomend beefing it up. Some forces like you to have a alarm fitted if you have a colection of guns eg more than 5.

They may ask why you want a shotgun, have you been shooting any where and where / when have you been, they probally ask about gun safety and the dangers of storing 20 and 12 bore cartridges together, and have you had any lessons.

Hello To Every PW Member

Im new to PW & going for my Shotgun License : ) *Thank You Martyn*

for introducing me to this site & helping me with the Forms

Can somebody please tell me the main questions the Police will ask me on my interview ?

*Thank You*

now then mate your welcome for the help and welcome to pigeon watch there's some great info on the site take time and check it out

Hello To Every PW Member

Im new to PW & going for my Shotgun License : ) *Thank You Martyn*

for introducing me to this site & helping me with the Forms

Can somebody please tell me the main questions the Police will ask me on my interview ?

*Thank You*

Relax and smile and don't tell porkies and you will be fine

Welcome mate and enjoy yourself. :welcomeani:

Just be yourself and answer their questions honestly. It might be helpful if you write down some questions you can ask him/her. They will check your security (Window and door bolts) and where you have your cabinet. It would be best if you have installed it already. They will give it a good tug to try to pull it off the wall. Make sure you cannot see it from outside the window.

Make sure you have put 5-lever locks on all exterior doors and locks on windows. It's best to have everything done before the visit, then they will not have to come back for a second visit to check you have done everything. They will also look at where you intend to store your carts. I got hold of an old ex army ammo case, bolted it to the floor and fitted it with a lock. Feo was quite happy with it.

Above all, don't be affraid to ask if you are unsure of anything. They are there to help you, NOT trick you. Best of luck. Pretty soon you will be looking for a bigger cabinet when that one gets full. :w00t: :w00t:

You will find a lot of helpful info on the forum.