Badger Cull

crosshair

I see the Government have done another U turn, they have cancelled the intended cull.

The reason, the boffins that sit behind the desks gave the wrong estimate, after no less than

two years of study.

The Badger numbers were almost twice what they guessed.

Just carry on killing the cattle, and leave the Badgers to suffer.

As Badgers are so numerous, why are they protected ?.

The cull will not go ahead as it will not work the only solution is to vaccination both the cattle and the badgers and the only thing that is stopping it from going ahead it other countries will not buy are cattle as they will not vaccinate there cattle.

I say tough we can eat the meat ourself and perhaps then if we eat our own meat at least we will now that the animals were fed and cared for properly unlike most of the pork that people buy its lets get the cheapest stuff that has been reared in tiny cages but who cares the when people from other countries will buy are meat.

The cull will not go ahead as it will not work the only solution is to vaccination both the cattle and the badgers and the only thing that is stopping it from going ahead it other countries will not buy are cattle as they will not vaccinate there cattle.

I say tough we can eat the meat ourself and perhaps then if we eat our own meat at least we will now that the animals were fed and cared for properly unlike most of the pork that people buy its lets get the cheapest stuff that has been reared in tiny cages but who cares the when people from other countries will buy are meat.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to tell us where this mystical vaccine appeared from.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to tell us where this mystical vaccine appeared from.

Your so right the vaccine does not work on infected animals and its those that need to be culled, the infected will remain carriers untill there death!!

Alan

Yup and in the mean time you can't test them for the disease. The most interesting thing today has been the bbc mentioning the southern Irish trial area where culls are still on going, the reductions are up to 65 percent or so but as they are on going they don't seem to count. It's got to be done and should have been done years ago leaving it this long has just made it far worse

Well all that I can say is the man down the pub told me that if we kill all of the badgers that will solve the problem and we all now that he now's all about everything and you can vouch for that as most of you must have been down the pub as well.

I think there are more than a few people on this site who have taken the time to educate themselves on this subject properly without recourse to the man in the pub.

Have you?

Well my beef herd were TB tested last Monday, I will know the results tomorrow, Thursday.

Always been clear in the past, but with the spread of both TB and Badgers it is always a worry.

Once your cattle get it you can be shut down for years, a lot of farmers now leaving beef and dairy.

And for the numpties there is no vaccine that works.

Well my beef herd were TB tested last Monday, I will know the results tomorrow, Thursday.

Always been clear in the past, but with the spread of both TB and Badgers it is always a worry.

Once your cattle get it you can be shut down for years, a lot of farmers now leaving beef and dairy.

And for the numpties there is no vaccine that works.

Good luck to you Crosshair, hope everything turns out ok for you.

The cull has not been cancelled, just postponed until next year, as they do not have the time to meet the cull target of 70-80%.

Of course that isn't great, but at least it hasn't been stopped completely.

Apparently the vaccine is something like 50% effective, and it also makes the cattle react to the TB test, so it is difficult to tell a vaccinated cow from an infected one.