some foxy trips

camokid

hi all

i thought i would share a few pics from some recent trips iv had mainly foxing. there seams to be a few showing around here at the mo.

eg47qp.jpg

14vtoh1.jpg

10pnevo.jpg

91i2dt.jpg

i sat out in the evening sun near a big wood and called this one out into the open i love hitting foxes in the light just to watch them running at you he was a cracking looking fox that had dodged me at night for a while

dvosk3.jpg

this fox was a runner from the night before i had called him in and taken the shot but as i did so he turned away making the bullet hit him in the gut. as i could not find him in the dark and knowing he was hit i went back the next day and tracked the blood into think cover where i found the body in the stream bad shot i no but end result DEAD! the little one came with me and took delight in sticking a feather in its eye for 10 minutes then asking for a photo to show her sister

8zpnog.jpg

this one was shot having a lamb dish the farmer rang me to say that there was a fox feeding on the carcass i went down that night and within 5 min he was in the bag. happy farmer

5vn488.jpg

many thanks andy

Edited by camokid

nice one, that one shot too far back would have been dead pretty fast they usually make cover and expire fast, its easy to have happen they only have to move at the last moment. But you don't find them without a dog at night

to be honest i was amazed on how far he had made it with that wound it had completely gutted him it was a 243 round as well . it made a good 70 yards in to thick cover but with a very good blood trail it didn't take to long to find . thanks

they are pretty amazing when you get a good runner, I had one early in the year where the bullet went in the chest out the back of the rib cage grazed the flank then back in the rear leg and out of its ****. .243 and that went straight down 5 seconds later jumped up and belted off. as we had others there to deal with we left it and put the dog on it later on and it was stone dead 30 yards away amazing what they can do at times.

That last pic is bizzare, it looks like a split lamb after processing, was that a bait?

Excellent job, what calibre are you using? Looks small?

a sheep had died for what reason im not sure but over two days it was striped not just buy the foxes but every crow in the area was on it. the famer rang me in the day and said to come up .

them foxes have been taken from smaller farms so i tend to use the 17 its more than enough for the close work

a sheep had died for what reason im not sure but over two days it was striped not just buy the foxes but every crow in the area was on it. the famer rang me in the day and said to come up .

them foxes have been taken from smaller farms so i tend to use the 17 its more than enough for the close work

HMR?

Hope so, and I hope my feo see's this too.

Good shooting mate.

Edited by kyska

Nice Job Andy! Excellent on taking the little one afield as well, I realize she wasn't on the hunt but one day she will be!!

hi there tim thanks mate. my girls always want to come out with me but there still a bit young yet another year or two and they will manage walking in the dark all night with out falling in every hole possible