off road tyres

Davyo

A 195/60/15 sounds a bit small. Check out the vitara forums or tire calculators on the net to see the difference it will make.

Depending on remolds or brand new, the two sites I just used were

http://www.tyresdirectuk.co.uk/

http://www.camskill.co.uk/

I went Insa Rangers (remould) and so far so good. We'll give them a good going through the mud the next two weekends, but on the road they behave just fine. I was going to get Hankook Dynapro's RF10's but they sold out everywhere right before I ordered.

thanks

rick

got insa rangers on mine(front only at moment),till xmas is gone,then putting them on back,mines a GV 1600 3 door too mate,great car,will go antwhere i point it,even tried on purpose to get stuck,and it just rolls out,great tyres too,theyre 50/50,for the money i wouldnt go past them,try camskills theyre at least £10 cheaper than anywhere else mate.....DAZ

just to add my tyres are 215/65/16

Edited by rabbiter

On my vitara i fitted marix puma 195 75 15 they have been on 18 months now and still have loads of tread left even after averaging 300 miles a week. They are amazing in mud and hills. They are fine on the road too. They hum a bit above 50 mph but not very loud. when these reach the end of there life ill deffinately get another set of theese, in fact i couldent recomend them enough!

Well no tyres turned up from camskill.afer their stated 48hr delivery promises.called them to see what's up only to be told they had none.didn't say that when they took my cash.neither did they bother ringing me.COWBOYS.

give great north tyres a try ,0191 4900455.ive found them reasonable in the past.

got 4 cooper discoverer a/t on my l200 for £400 fitted

Edited by besty57

The problem is if you buy them off the internet they may be cheaper but then you have to pay for delivery and then pay to have them fitted I would just phone up some of the local tyre companies in your area and see what they A/T tyres they have.

When I got my Jeep Cherokee I had five new Goodrich A/T tyres fitted at that time seven years ago it cost me just over £400 and I have been quite happy with them I only wish that I had only got four as the spear one has never been used.

The problem is if you buy them off the internet they may be cheaper but then you have to pay for delivery and then pay to have them fitted I would just phone up some of the local tyre companies in your area and see what they A/T tyres they have.

When I got my Jeep Cherokee I had five new Goodrich A/T tyres fitted at that time seven years ago it cost me just over £400 and I have been quite happy with them I only wish that I had only got four as the spear one has never been used.

Bang on mate rang my local tyre fitters, got 4x insa turbo dakars for £300 fitted.I ordered at 8:30am today booked in for 2.00pm today/ the online ones where the rangers and where £253.00 but would of cost £40 to get all 4 fitted & balanced Guy at the tyre centre said just cos we dont stock them doesn't mean we cant get them,

Edited by Davyo

Took Vitara out last night with the new insaturbo dakars on, road noise not too bad (just cranked up the sterio) car traveled ok on road with no wandering, What a differance a tyre makes. Got trough the sticky stuff with no problems at all.

Edited by Davyo

• 2 weeks later...

How do you find the vitara off road mate is there enough clearence im stuck between a vitara or an xtrail

Its good, ideal for tottering around the farm,nothing hard core, put a set of dakars on it and its never been stuck.Clearance is ok for my needs, never had to use Lr 4wheel drive yet.Tyres work mint.