rapid 12 or r10

foxshooter69

Well, given the death of Theoben, I'd be tempted to say avoid them! They are easy to sort out yourself, but you still need the parts and I expect that will be increasingly difficult! The R10 Mk2 is supposed to be a lot better than the originals - They've fixed the magazine issues and sorted the regulator out. but I've never owned one so i can't tell. Don't rule out the HW100 though, smaller air chamber than either, but lethally accurate and a suspicion that it would survive nuclear apocalypse, such is the build quality.

I nearly bought a theo MFR, but the horror stories of the customer service and the seemingly endless need to replace and repair rather put me off! Guess the customer service isn't a problem these days...

Love the look of the BSA, but there seem to be a lot of people who'd rather have the old Super10!

Go with the hw100. Yes you can work on theoben rifles yourself but you shouldn't have to.

Unless you want Fac then look at the rapid or a daystate.

when you say you shouldnt have to work on them yourself are you saying you would rather pay a fortune at a gunshop for something you could do yourself ? rapid all the way for me, watched one stripped down and new seals and valve fitted and back togethor in less than 20 minutes, try that with a R10

Got to be a Rapid , collectors items now :shifty: got 2 myself mfr, mk1 still got 1 superten good rifles but just dont feel as good as Rapid , R10s look nice lovely wood much nicer than theobens but just wouldnt feel confident in one myself after hear an reading of failing regs etc power spiking up an down , least i know if my rapid was to play up it could be sorted simply without tiny springs an ballbearings fling all over the place ,

best bet go an handle them both and try not to fall in love with the bsa wood and buy the Rapid :good:

air rangers are great rifles especially in FAC, but they are usually twice the price of a mk1 rapid and i just dont think you get twice the gun, as for the R10, they have got nice wood but do you buy a gun for its looks or to use as a tool, my money would be in a rapid mk1

I've used a rapid mk 1 when they first hit the market and j was very impressed, but I've always shot shotguns and rifles so I think I'm a little out out of touch, however I like the look of the r10 hence the question. I fully appreciate that looks don't hit what you are aiming at.

Fs

well, yes...but let's be honest, there's something rather wonderful about shooting a gun that is not only accurate but beautiful! I'm sure there are plenty of guns out there that are as accurate as a Daystate Air Ranger, but it's the gun i've always wanted because of the look that goes with the punch

I've a R10 very nice gun could do with shortening a bit once the silencer is on

I've had a hw100kt and I regret selling it now

I don't regret selling the R10 though

I have a huntsman at the min and I'm trying to get a left handed stock for it as I like the feel of the rifle and how it handles so don't discount one of these lovely guns

i got the mark 1 rapid when it first came out, still got it because i cant find another gun as accurate,with shots per fill, ime 45 and ave spent my life shooting airguns ,rifles etc. if you could shoot all these guns on a target range at once, you would choose the rapid if you know any thing about consistant accuracy ,i ave an hw100, a very accurate tool, but not as many shots per fill,daystate are good but every one i ave ever shot shoot good single shot but get flyers with the magazines,just my opinion but to be honest there are some top guns out there these days so no matter what you buy it wont be rubbish

Edited by simon6ppc

So it would seem! Liquidation's seen to that :good:

So it would seem! Liquidation's seen to that :good:

to be honest pal rapid after service was terrible ,i think the folk who worked for them were the same, they ave gone bust,but i ave to say if you shoot one proper they are a serious tool.every one has there own opinion ,ive just put a video on here were ime doing head shots at 50,60 yards to me thats the proof how good these guns realy are,cheers Edited by simon6ppc

• 3 weeks later...