Advise Please Guys

CoolhandMal

To be fair, I ask my dad for a lift with something heavy or to look after the kids. Don't think I've ever asked him to surf the web for something.

I think the application should of been denied, I posted about the lack of knowledge and people been granted facs earlier in the year.

To be Fair,my son does not ask me to "surf the web"I am as curious as he to find out more about the technical side of something that's new hence asking advice on what I thought was a friendly forum,So get you ******* facts write A*******,

I suppose you enclosed a perfect shooting CV in with your application to gain your FAC,I did not ask a question based on my sons experience in the countryside,although he has more than most as he is used to SG and air rifle shooting and he is also aware of shooting with a safe back stop,footpaths etc.

So...Please explain to me and the anxious forum audience why you think my son should have been denied his FAC........I am awaiting your reply.!

Oh by the way,have you lobbied the Police force/parliament yet seeming you cant sleep at night coz you feel so strongly about "inexperienced"FAC holders?

In fairness...if the certificate states .22 then in my opinion it is a fair question to ask whether .22 includes .22CF rifles as I do believe this same debate has already occurred a number of times in the past. If however, it states .22lr or .22rf then yes I do think it should be crystal clear that it only applies to RF.

In fairness...if the certificate states .22 then in my opinion it is a fair question to ask whether .22 includes .22CF rifles as I do believe this same debate has already occurred a number of times in the past. If however, it states .22lr or .22rf then yes I do think it should be crystal clear that it only applies to RF.

Thanks for your input T

i read this with great interest i to have just applied for my section 1 after shooting air guns for 15 years and shot guns for 10 years i think some people are being a little harsh with there replys but i do find it quiet supprising that any one wishing to apply for a section 1 would not do some research into rifles coverd by the licence personaly before i even considerd it i did hours of reasearch both on the web in books and also asking my good freinds who i have met over the last 20 from the fieldsports world as a result of this i have a good understanding of the great differences between rf/cf not only that but the massive differences between different calibers with in the centre fire range i would sugest that your son does alot of research befor going any further excelent gun saftey is onpart of being an excelent shooter and to the people being slightly negertive people do have to learn i do find it supriseing that fierarms officer didnt ask a few more questions befor isueing the licence but he has and its down to us fellow fieldsports lovers to help a future gun with the education he needs after all we all represent fieldsports and one persons mistake will result in problems for us all. thanks Tim

Edited by aka_t50

If I was unsure about anything on my licence I would ring my feo to come round for a cupper at his convenience and talk me through it. They want you to be safe and within the law your fault or there's, and will help you to ensure this happens.

If I was unsure about anything on my licence I would ring my feo to come round for a cupper at his convenience and talk me through it. They want you to be safe and within the law your fault or there's, and will help you to ensure this happens.

So that makes about 60% of this forum pointless then? Why shouldn't he ask on here?

I dont know why people actually bother to ask questions on this forum.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

And I suppose before you walked into this great country pursuit of ours you fully loaded yourself with all the knowledge you had read up prior to getting your FAC?

My son has come up from Airgunning and needs to learn as much as he can about ammo etc thus,asking me to write on this forum for him to ask more experienced members for their valued advice,

Put that in your pie and smoke it Clever Clogs.!

Why doesn't your son join ad ask his own questions, he would get loads of help on here.

I think as the same thing was asked by the same person 1 month ago it does seem strange to ask it again. I would ask what did he apply for? Its not like the interview you and send a certificate stating you can have X,Y,Z you have to apply for specific calibres. In simple terms if you didn't apply for it (section 1 firearm) and have it granted you can't legally buy/own/posess it!

been reading this thread a while now and i cant believe you can get a section 1 granted and not know the differance between a rimfire and a centrefire, surely when you have your initial interview with the feo you go through the calibres you have asked for and what you want them for, i dont believe anyone has a slot for a .22, it will surely say .22lr, .22rf, .22wmr etc, if it was for a centrefire its a differant kettle of fish and you would have had to have good reason to want one.

been reading this thread a while now and i cant believe you can get a section 1 granted and not know the differance between a rimfire and a centrefire, surely when you have your initial interview with the feo you go through the calibres you have asked for and what you want them for, i dont believe anyone has a slot for a .22, it will surely say .22lr, .22rf, .22wmr etc, if it was for a centrefire its a differant kettle of fish and you would have had to have good reason to want one.

My ticket just says .22, and doesn't stipulate rimfire or centre fire! Mind you I do know that on the application and interview, these were based and requested upon a .22lr rimfire.

642fc6b2e1a05d5c72836081a49974af.jpg

Kind regards

Jonathan

My ticket just says .22, and doesn't stipulate rimfire or centre fire! Mind you I do know that on the application and interview, these were based and requested upon a .22lr rimfire.

642fc6b2e1a05d5c72836081a49974af.jpg

Kind regards

Jonathan

I stand corrected, it's a bit odd just having .22 in my eyes but then again you will have gone through what you want and can have with the feo

Folks..the guy asked for some advice. Constructive criticism has a place but this isn't constructive, The point of the forum is to help and inform others, no one knows everything in and out about everything!!

We have established that based on prior experience that its more than likely not going to entitled him/his son to have a CF rifle but its fair to acknowledge that some ambiguity does exist in the FAC licensing statement.

And if he's come up from airguns should know a hell of a lot more. Everyone should have basic knowledge before a fac is granted. You do make your self sound an ***. 'My son has .22rimfire slot. Can he purchase .22centerfire. Er no. You have answered the question yourself and if you couldn't see that then it really shouldn't of been granted. Your son didn't know you put this? My guess is he knows the difference between rim and centerfire and you didn't and proceeded to ask pigeon watch most stupid question of 2012 TWICE.

I have a slot which just says '.22 rifle', or at least that's what it said when I got it years ago. I see certs all the time which are worded in a similar fashion. It's the correct way, actually, as the form asks you to state calibres, not chamberings.

That slot was filled with a .22 Hornet, by the way, which is described as a '.22 rifle'. I've had it for years through at least two renewals and the same number of address changes.

J.

If a person is firing a rifle, whatever age, he or she should know what it is, its ballistics, range and dangers. A bullet hitting somebody will do as much damage whatever the age, knowledge or experiece. This is not a knock on the said persons ability but he should know what a long rifle is in comparison to a centrefire rifle. This is a casing point that a FAC holder should do at least a basic course on firearms before being allowed to own a rifle. My youngest is 9, he will be able to talk you through my gun cabinet and explain what each gun is and what its used for, from his .177gamo to my 308. Now we don't all have the luxury of being surrounded by guns and advice as children but if this isnt on hand then some education needs to be in place. Saying that though, my oldest son, who has interests in football, rugby and girls but none in shooting ( as much as I have tried ) knows just about every army issue gun or weapon of distruction inside out, how I love the X box.

Wondering if this is a troll post as the applicant would have applied for the calibre and had a meeting wit the FEO and things like backstops and ricoshets would have been discussed in regard to a rimfire rifle

To be fair, I ask my dad for a lift with something heavy or to look after the kids. Don't think I've ever asked him to surf the web for something.

I think the application should of been denied, I posted about the lack of knowledge and people been granted facs earlier in the year.

Dont worry mate there's sad wallies on every forum that need to get a life.