white crow

simon6ppc

hi guys me and pigeon driller went out today with rifle and air rifle on the hunt for vermin,we spotted this crow 200 yard away;my 22ppc rifle at 200 yard has an inch drop with the load ime using at the moment, i didnt want to damage the crow so i aimed for the head, i sat the cross hair just on top of the head, i hit it just in the chin,so i was pleased with the shot, any way this could be getting stuffed now by one of my mates.cheers...ps do you guys see any of these any were else...

post-56146-0-28092700-1352746471_thumb.jpg

Years ago i shot a crow with a lot of "white" in it, perfectly symetrical. I wrote to peter theobald to tell him about it, and he wrote back saying there was probably a nucleus of them in the area and he was right, they show up now and again.

I phoned a professional taxidermist and gave it to him on the understanding that once mounted he sent me photos. Never heard off him again, any i have now go in the hedge for the foxes.

the 22ppc is a centre fire round,its some were between the 223 and 22.250, mine is a RPA ,its the one in my profile picture. i use a 6ppc as well,there both american benchrest rounds made for accuracy but both make a serious fox or vermin round,i ave the 22ppc for vermin and 6ppc for fox.every one always swears by a certain calibur as i do these two,the only thing is you ave to reload your own which does put folk off, but on good days you can shoot under an inch at 300 yards or even better, so to me its worth doing,i use a 55 grain v.max in the 22ppc and a 58 grain v.max in the 6ppc. the picture is a 6ppc at the side of a 22.250 which i also use as well..and a group you can do at 100 yards when every thing is right,eg wind,load and my self..

post-56146-0-15067700-1352758480_thumb.jpg

post-56146-0-98328900-1352758509_thumb.jpg

the 22ppc is a centre fire round,its some were between the 223 and 22.250, mine is a RPA ,its the one in my profile picture. i use a 6ppc as well,there both american benchrest rounds made for accuracy but both make a serious fox or vermin round,i ave the 22ppc for vermin and 6ppc for fox.every one always swears by a certain calibur as i do these two,the only thing is you ave to reload your own which does put folk off, but on good days you can shoot under an inch at 300 yards or even better, so to me its worth doing,i use a 55 grain v.max in the 22ppc and a 58 grain v.max in the 6ppc. the picture is a 6ppc at the side of a 22.250 which i also use as well..and a group you can do at 100 yards when every thing is right,eg wind,load and my self..

thanks for photos, have learned something new

The white or lighter colour feathers in a bird is called leucism. Or 'the bird is leucistic.'

I've seen a few leucistic crows in the past. Even a leucistic woodpigeon.

If you just google leucism , you'll get a better explanation than I could give you of the condition.

The white or lighter colour feathers in a bird is called leucism. Or 'the bird is leucistic.'

I've seen a few leucistic crows in the past. Even a leucistic woodpigeon.

If you just google leucism , you'll get a better explanation than I could give you of the condition.will do pal cheers

Edited by simon6ppc