Rabbits with feet missing/deformed

norfolkboy84

Hi there, I noticed recently a lot of rabbits i've shot are missing a foot or it is deformed, can anybody shed some light on what has been causing this?

Humm interesting. What photo's have you got?

I've been shooting a few and they are all prestine. What part of the county are you getting these deformed jobbies? Cheers.

Thanks for the witty answers! Alas tend not to take my camera out with me, but will next time.

I've noticed them on a small holding in North Norfolk.

It seems to be quite a regular thing, maybe 1 in 10. There is a lot of old scar tissue on them, and sometimes the claws are there but in the wrong place. Nobody else shoots there, so don't think it's human influence...

I know its moving away from the op but two years ago I was cutting some barley when my mate flagged me down as he could see somthing strange,it turned out the the combine had cut off both front legs on a half grown hare as clean as a whistle and they were not bleeding.It was stood on its back legs waving about not nice to see as we do not shoot hares.It was a shame that this hare had to be but down.

Who knows where your rabbits feet went!

This one was taken a couple of years ago at about 120 yards I seem to remember. I had no idea anything was wrong with it until it was picked up, it had apparently been surviving fine with 3 legs until I came along!

post-20848-0-32488100-1353152963_thumb.jpg post-20848-0-33612000-1353152977_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dekers