chart for practising lead

Mr Rizzini

dont look at it ethel ..toooo late ! .....it will fry your brain.......i remember eley used to do a small diary at one time with shot lead diagram in the back.....worse thing you can do is to read it.........................practice -practice -practice........if you start introducing more stats' into the brain that will cause conflict.........there aint no cheap way to become a proficient shot except pulling the trigger......

Edited by ditchman

Advice - practise on clays.

what technique would you use ? if i were to be doing something wrong then shooting clays would do nothing for me, also should I shoot the clays with 1/4 and 1/2 as thats what I'd be using in the field? also do cartrdige affect the amount of lead i.e 28g slower than a 32g?

Edited by Mr Rizzini

what technique would you use ? if i were to be doing something wrong then shooting clays would do nothing for me, also should I shoot the clays with 1/4 and 1/2 as thats what I'd be using in the field? also do cartrdige affect the amount of lead i.e 28g slower than a 32g?

Shooting plenty of clays enables us to build up enough 'sight pictures' to be stored in the memory bank. Seeing what lead to give a bird then becomes second nature in the field. I've always said that if someone can consistently shoot around 22/25 on the skeet range, then they should be able to shoot decoying pigeons.

There shouldn't be any noticeable difference between 28gm or 32 gm cartridges, only in recoil. I prefer to use 28gm for most of my pigeon shooting.

Shooting plenty of clays enables us to build up enough 'sight pictures' to be stored in the memory bank. Seeing what lead to give a bird then becomes second nature in the field. I've always said that if someone can consistently shoot around 22/25 on the skeet range, then they should be able to shoot decoying pigeons.

There shouldn't be any noticeable difference between 28gm or 32 gm cartridges, only in recoil. I prefer to use 28gm for most of my pigeon shooting.

thanks mate I shall get on the clays :)

many years ago when John Bidwell was getting ready for competitions, he used to go down to Billy Bells in yarmouth he used to get billy to press the button and john would shoot 50 clays one after the other on each stand, then you will find out the lead you need and if you need to adjust your stance.........