gloves for wildfowling

ady 1975

Oh ok. I've tried finding a good waterproof yet warm glove. The problem is when you go for warmth, you lose any tactile ability. With the waterproof gloves, they don't generally seem to be that warm. I'm waiting on a pair of these to be delivered from the states; http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/pid1203061. Mixed reviews on how waterproof they are (but to be fair, they don't claim to be). I think I'll get more use out of them as a 'keep my hands warm' glove as opposed to a 'keep my hands dry' glove

John Forsey does a breathable glove with a lycra trigger finger and grip palm of which I have a pair and have found them to be both warm and waterproof. It is still possible to reload an auto whilst wearing them.

It should be possible to find something generic on ebay for less than the £29 he`s asking, but which is not an unreasonable amount in any event.

Neoprene is utter rubbish for gloves as you`ve already discovered.

Adi, nice to chat to you yesterday!. I normally dont wear gloves but if it does get rather nippy I use these.

http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/shop/outdoor-clothing/gloves-accessories/leather-special-opps-gloves-in-676303.html

They`re not out and out cold weather gloves but they do take the chill off your hands and I can still very easily reload and shoot without taking them off. If they do get wet, they also dry amazingly quick.

cheers mate made a big mistake by letting my hands get to wet with the wind and temp drop it was not good changing the sheels over when the geese droped in front of me only for me to miss then take a wigeon at the same distance dont you just hate geese some times.think we will have a bit more water by the end of tonight.

Must admit mate it was getting extremley cold when we parted yesterday. I took young pup down there again tonight and yep........more water. The low wash drove is now completely covered in water. Good news is lots of Wigeon about!!!. 2 skeins of Greys flew over me when walking back to van!. Think I`ll be going down there tomorrow night!!.

I to struggle with my fingers and toes. Toes now sorted using heatholder socks. But still struggling with gloves neopreane are useless, I found the £1.99 thermal ones are ok as you can blow in your hand to instantly warm them up,if you want to keep them dry tesco do some MEN'S xl marigolds in black for Just over £2, thease will go over the top of the thin thermal ones. Warm ish but still able to load and shoot. I have some form of raynairds or poor circulation. I will add im not a poof just have a bad circulation or nerves in my fingers.Oh and im only 33.Good luck in your quest for some warm gloves.

Albert.

The Sealskin ones are warm but NOT waterproof!!!. Despite they claiming to be.

I used them last year shooting and work. They`re ok in a shower but useless if it chucks it down. The only 100% waterproof gloves I own are Goretex ones. Great for keepin your hands warm and dry but way to bulky for shooting.

My mate and I have had a very expensive time trying to find a good shooting glove. Unfortunately there is very little out there that meets the specifications, these being;

-Waterproof

-Warm

-Fine enough to allow unaltered trigger pull, and to allow one to keep them even when unraveling decoys and such-like.

We have tried sealskins, macwets and every brand of useless neoprene glove on the market, all either leak from day one, leak after a couple of outings, are cold, or are too bulky.

Thankfully there is a solution:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Snowbee-SFT-Neoprene-Gloves-RRP-22-99-/261118331780?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Sports_Clothing_LE&var=560166080266&hash=item3ccbdd8b84&_uhb=1

They are the only non-leaky neoprene glove out there, you can ttie your shoe laces with them on, and they are warm. If it is really really cold, you can put some tight fitting nitriles under them, but I haven't had any need to yet.

My mate and I have had a very expensive time trying to find a good shooting glove. Unfortunately there is very little out there that meets the specifications, these being;

-Waterproof

-Warm

-Fine enough to allow unaltered trigger pull, and to allow one to keep them even when unraveling decoys and such-like.

We have tried sealskins, macwets and every brand of useless neoprene glove on the market, all either leak from day one, leak after a couple of outings, are cold, or are too bulky.

Thankfully there is a solution:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Snowbee-SFT-Neoprene-Gloves-RRP-22-99-/261118331780?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Sports_Clothing_LE&var=560166080266&hash=item3ccbdd8b84&_uhb=1

They are the only non-leaky neoprene glove out there, you can ttie your shoe laces with them on, and they are warm. If it is really really cold, you can put some tight fitting nitriles under them, but I haven't had any need to yet.

Just got a pair today after also trying mac wet, sealskins and many others, these snowbee one I think are going to be about the best compromise for a sensative, waterproof glove, followed by the mac wet ones if its not raining.

Thanks for the recomendation.