shooting pheasant on the ground ??

Liam-1990

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a little estate of some 38,000 acres in Berkshire, the lady runs the household and has a husband with outspoken views usually a pace or two behind her, a very large house virtually on the banks of the Thames in Windsor, but raised up very high so no chance of flooding, they have 4 children, (one of which now lives in the "garden" in a house the ladies mother used to live in, he previously had his own house built in another part of the garden which everyone said looked like a supermarket, but things didn't work out with the other half), and several other Estates around the country. I shoot and beat on 100% the most prestigeous shoot in the UK. :yes: :yes:

I went to college with a chap whose farm backed onto that little patch in Berkshire and whilst staying with him one weekend we decided to have a walk round after the odd pheasant. As there seemed to be far more of the little blighters on her side of the boundary fence we thought we would chance our luck. That little foray cost me a day in court, a £10 fine for poaching and my name in the local paper. Suprisingly I've never been invited back !!

I went to college with a chap whose farm backed onto that little patch in Berkshire and whilst staying with him one weekend we decided to have a walk round after the odd pheasant. As there seemed to be far more of the little blighters on her side of the boundary fence we thought we would chance our luck. That little foray cost me a day in court, a £10 fine for poaching and my name in the local paper. Suprisingly I've never been invited back !!

But I bet it was worth it Charlie ;)

Ha Ha, I shoot and beat on 100% the most prestigeous shoot in the UK, no money will ever get you a place, you need an invite, I said some, as always some birds are tricky. And I hold with my original statement...."some of the easiest targets possible in Sport!" :good:

post-20848-0-37094600-1354185727_thumb.jpg

First load of the day!

surely shooting non target species on a "prestigious" driven day is frightfully bad form.....or was that crow coming out of the sun and just unlucky?

Not really some shoots even prestigious ones have people keen on conservation involved hence the addition of some vermin.

Is this the same shoot dekers that had the head keeper sacked recently mid season by the boss's husband?

OK, I'm curious, where did you hear that? :hmm: And I'm confirming nothing, he was suspended prior to the first shoot, but shortly after the start of the season, and about 3 or 4 weeks ago he "left of his own accord"! Nobody has been "sacked"!

"IF" this is the same shoot of course! :hmm: