sas soldier

philscreens

the threats were only why the place got searched not what he went down for which was a similar handgun and quantity of ammo and best of all a hand grenade in the Garage. We're then expected to believe that this guy who had a similar cache had it because he had forgotten about it come on. Read the court transcript the ammo was in a clear box under the bed the gun in a case in the wardrobe doesn't exactly sound like he didn't unpack them.

Its a gross misscarriage of justice now the original verdict was very fair compared to normal civilians who get a mandatory 5 years

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see that so many think as I do and that the man was guilty and stupid. Saves me having to write a long post. You or I would have been banged up. Don't let the soldier/sas aspect cloud your judgement. If this guy had been a member of parliament you would have been baying for his blood. The armed forces today is on a volunteer basis and anyone who does not understand the risks or rules is a fool. Try imagining what is was like for the lads who were called up and had to fight!

To my way of looking at it if they bring in stupid knee jerk legislation banning things then I have no respect for the law in any decent country he would have been allowed to keep it and thus it would probably have been locked in a safe.

since when was it knee jerk legislation that stopped the military taking their toys home? thats been in force nearly since guns were invented in a way its theft certainly of the ammo if nothing else.

If he was really a crazed mad man he could have bought an old banger car and whipped out his victim?

no one is saying he was a crazed mad man,,,i am saying he broke the law,,knew he broke the law,,,so commit the crime,,do the time,,imo

Whereas your only crime is using far too many commas!

since when was it knee jerk legislation that stopped the military taking their toys home? thats been in force nearly since guns were invented in a way its theft certainly of the ammo if nothing else.

I think he may have been referring to the original ban on handguns spurred by the delightful Mr Ryan's exploits back in the 80s. Mind you having watched I'm a Celebrity recently, how come Limahl's succession of awful songs in the 80s never prompted a ban on owl-like highlights and rubbish music?

is using to many commas a crime,,,,, well what a sad country we live in,,,and what a sad person for pointing this out,,,,,, :D :D

I bet you preferred Boy George to Limahl?

Comma Chameleon!

Basically, put the letters SAS onto the start or end of anything and people become all misty eyed and in awe. We all seek to attach ourselves in some way with these legendary International Men of Mystery, even if it's just appearing to stick up for them on an Internet forum.

My initial reaction was the same. Call it social conditioning if you will.

After reading a few more opinions on the subject I agreed that special forces don't warrant special treatment and the law should be uniform (no pun intended) throughout the Kingdom.

Just to put another spin on it for all the Help for Heroes branded "supporting our boys in Afghan" walts and hangers on, what if this gentleman had not been found out and in another few years his memory problems had escalated to the point where he forgot that you're not supposed to load the Glock that you keep under your bed and wander round the town centre shooting people?

Surely the Government would have had to impose even stricter gun control in the same way they did after Hungerford.

Many thousands of very brave and courageous Armed Forces personnel from all branches of the Forces return from detachments overseas and live firing exercises every day without squirrelling away some guns, ammo or grenades, and likewise I'm sure there a many people right now regretting that unscheduled trip to the canal a few weeks ago to dispose of their cache, in light of recent events.

I'm not knocking anyone here, just saying it is sometimes wise to look at the bigger picture with a subjective view than to pick a side at the outset and refuse to budge.

I await the ****storm.

Basically, put the letters SAS onto the start or end of anything and people become all misty eyed and in awe. We all seek to attach ourselves in some way with these legendary International Men of Mystery, even if it's just appearing to stick up for them on an Internet forum.

After reading a few more opinions on the subject I agreed that special forces don't warrant special treatment and the law should be uniform (no pun intended) throughout the Kingdom.

Just to put another spin on it for all the Help for Heroes branded "supporting our boys in Afghan" walts and hangers on, what if this gentleman had not been found out and in another few years his memory problems had escalated to the point where he forgot that you're not supposed to load the Glock that you keep under your bed and wander round the town centre shooting people?

Surely the Government would have had to impose even stricter gun control in the same way they did after Hungerford.

Many thousands of very brave and courageous Armed Forces personnel from all branches of the Forces return from detachments overseas and live firing exercises every day without squirrelling away some guns, ammo or grenades, and likewise I'm sure there a many people right now regretting that unscheduled trip to the canal a few weeks ago to dispose of their cache, in light of recent events.

I'm not knocking anyone here, just saying it is sometimes wise to look at the bigger picture with a subjective view than to pick a side at the outset and refuse to budge.

I await the ****storm.

Spot on again :good:

Firstly I will point out that I was referring to the hand gun legislation that has been proved was pointless and stupid.

Secondly there are quite a few countries that not only allow there military people to take there guns home they insist that they do so I believe Israel is one also there are in other countries home defence forces that keep there guns at home .

Spot on again :good:

I await the ****storm.

I agree with these men too. There will be no storm from those with sense.

I wish my father, rest his soul, didn't hand in at the amnesty in the 70's, the pieces he had. Also handed to him in probably the same situation, but during the course of the second world war, from surrendering officers.

A pistol in those days and probably even today, was a very personal piece of equipment. The memories behind them and the stories they held for him and for those who handed them over, I would have liked to have passed on to my children, lest they forget and we must not forget. Not sure about the ammo though, not now...