a nice evening with a whopper fox

camokid

hi all

well im still currently fighting of a mouth full of ulcers that is the left overs from two weeks of man flu with a good dose of tonsillitis to boot so to say i have not bin out shooting is a under statement !!

i did manage a trip out last week mid way before the tonsillitis fully kicked in. it was worth the sitting out for

my plan was to sit on a new ish patch in the light to see what was on the move in the area. i arrived there in the light about 3,pm, i had a good all round view of the land from where i chose to sit i soon began to see the wildlife emerge .

after seeing a fair amount of deer and game birds mooching around it stared to get quit as the light began to fade. i then thought it was a good time to start calling to see if i could bring a fox out of the cover.

after one good call i looked to my left to see a fox sat there no more that 20 yards away the little fxxxer just sat there watching me, what could i do! i slowly moved towards my gun and that was enough for her she was off like a shot! never mind i though shes still around il get into position and use a different call and see what happens two minutes later she made the mistake of coming back

246jgvq.jpg

after a quick photo i sat back into position and began calling again 5 minutes passed and the next customer was on his way full pelt running from the bottom of the field a full 250 yards away . i very sharpishly got on my belly and was watching him run like mad right to me now this is one of the best things to see in my eyes a wild fox in daylight running so fixed on the thought of a easy meal right towards me with no care in the world and no ider what is about to happen . i let him get to about 70 yards away before a shouted him and let the bullet do the work. then there was two

314pidc.jpg

now when i was watching him i thought he was big and when i walked over to him he was a right brute he had a neck like arnie and was just all round built look at the size of him next to the other vixen

1zgulht.jpg

he must have been old as had started to go a bit thin on the top lol so after a lovely peaceful evening i ended up with the two foxes both shot in the light and back in time for a film and bed

thanks andy

Edited by camokid