Tips on shooting moles or vauls?

lewis2012

Hi all up my local permission theres lots and lots of mole/vaul mounds etc and i was told if i flatten a mound and sit and wait the mole will be sure to return to oxush the mound back out in which i wil shoot the mound with the 12 gauge.

I dont know if this works on getting the little ******* to come to the mound any ideas?

Thanks

Lewis

If you want quick results don't make too much noise when you spread the hill out, they hate being disturbed. I prefer to just push them over with my foot rather than stamp on them. When the soil moves aim about 4" low and fire with a decent heavy load. You'll get them.

I've done it with everything from 30g #6 from a 12g to my .338 Win Mag. Anything that's got the weight to penetrate the soil will do the job. And keep still. They're very sensitive to movement above ground and won't come up if they hear you.

i would think they get above ground and run for it before field actually flooded,then head back when it dries,they cant possibly live under water,and can swim but not for a week. so they either move or die basically,ive trapped many moles in flooded tunnels,they just move away quicker than the water

• 4 weeks later...

This is from yesterday, clearly shows what both barrels of my SxS loaded with 28g #7.5 does to a mole hill. Moley was inside pushing up the soil at the time, only thing he is pushing up now is daisies.

Took me quite a while to catch him at it and he made a right mess in the meantime!

BC3AD181-588B-47C7-9C52-372632CCB657-4068-00000631D1A2D99F.jpg