Shotgun with high comb

ferguson_tom

Hi everyone

I have a browning 325 grade 3 I bought when I first started shooting last year, I thought it fitted but soon realised it didn't when I did more shooting. It's a lovely gun and I really don't want to sell it but by sound of it the gunsmith will have to add an extension onto the comb with different wood, to be honest I don't want to ruin the gun and would rather sell it on to someone it fits.

So I will be looking out for a new gun but what make/models of shotgun have a high comb as this seems to be my main problem. I will be going to the gun fair early next year which is where I will probs get one from. My 325 is worth about £1000 so looking for something around that money.

Cheers in advance, Tom

If your low on the comb then there is a fair to middle chance to will be on most others you pick up as well, unless yours has been altered prior to you having it.

Adjustable comb is the way forward which is tidy and doesnt add wood. Better to see more rib than too little. If you like your gun then for a couple of hundred quid you will achieve what you need to do.

Adjustable combs have their uses and I wouldn't be without mine but if you need a high comb then the stock needs bending up and raising properly, merely raising the comb part leaves the pad where it was which isn't ideal. Look into buying just a Trap stock for your existing gun or chop in for a Trappy set up, make sure you shoot before buying.

Edited by Hamster

I have a miruko mk70,which is a bit low in the comb,i will be having a adjustable comb done next year,rather then sell it and try to find something to fit me better.A mate of mine had a parker hale trap gun up for sale,its thirty inch fixed choke,based on the 101 action,at 300 quid thought i would take chance,its high in the comb and spot on for me,shoots really well so will get mk70 done and just keep the trap gun for rainy days.As someone as said its better to high than to low.

gemini52 - that is a steal. These are equivalent to the Winchester Grand European.

We had a conversation the other week before i picked it up will try and post some pics when i get the chance,its a cracking gun,used it three times had some good comments from fellow shooters,its had the chokes opened out to half and three quarters.

We had a conversation the other week before i picked it up will try and post some pics when i get the chance,its a cracking gun,used it three times had some good comments from fellow shooters,its had the chokes opened out to half and three quarters.

Tony.

It really is one beautiful gun ........and yes you did steal it ..... Lucky devil.