bettinsoli diamond deluxe 12 bore

miniswell

I have one, great gun for the money. looks good, put thousands or cartridges through faultlessly, bit tight to open but should loosen up eventually. redid the stock on mine and looks like a gun costing a lot more. With the multi choke and 3" chambers has me covered for most things. BIt heavy but get used to it and her i have a 20 gauge which weighs 5lb 3oz if i need a light gun.

If your looking at a used on they are good value- don't be put off by brand names.

hope that helps. search through my posts and think i have done a review.

I have a diamond and love it, 3" chambers, 30" barrels, M/C and steel proof. Looks nice, fits me and cost well under £500, mint with case and all the bits. Good value gun, buy second hand and you should get your money back if it doesnt suit you. Dont listen to the gun snobs, if you like it, buy it and use it! Good luck and keep us posted. :good:

Had mine over three years and never had any problems, good quality machining and wood with crome lines barrels, in my eye's equal to any of the £1200 ish Browning's or Barreta's just much smaller company who makes them.

Good all round gun, do anything you ask of it

PS mine balances just under 10 mm in front of the lugs and just about the easiest thing to change if not happy

i liked my bettinsoli but started light stricking on the bottom barrel, had the gun serviced and firing pin re profiled. was ok for 6 month then started again. got a browning now.

I have had three bettinsolis,good guns for the money but they do suffer from the rebound springs being to strong,which in turn can give light strikes,i had the springs changed and had no problems after that.

started shooting with a borrowed bett , then went and bought one, great gun for the money . It wasnt before a bought a 101 , but still prefer the bett

yer like we say get what you pay for , but its a great starter gun , and you will always go back to it !!! so that will answer all your questions,

Happy shooting ,

• 1 month later...

I think these guns are excellent value for money and do what a browning or other well known make can do, if had the 2k plus Brownings and I can honestly say I shoot just as good with the de luxe as I did with the 525 and 725 I had previously, all for a second hand price of £600 only 1 year old. The gun won't break you more clays or give you a bigger bag its the man pulling the trigger.

Had mine over three years and never had any problems, good quality machining and wood with crome lines barrels, in my eye's equal to any of the £1200 ish Browning's or Barreta's just much smaller company who makes them.

Sorry can't agree with that particular comment. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Bettinsoli Diamond, I had one for over a year, but, I recently traded it in (lost £50 on it, I can live with that) and bought a Browning 525.

The Browning is softer shooting, better balanced and better finished. All in all it's a better gun. As I said there's nothing wrong with the Betti and it served me faultlessly, and at it's price mark it's a decent buy without doubt. It's not as good as my 525 or the Silver pigeon though.

As for the comment about they will do what a Browning/Beretta will do, well a Beretta will do what a Perazzi does, which will do what a Purdey does ie, they will all shoot things, but that's not what it's all about at the end of the day is it? You pay more for a nicer looking, or hand built, or whatever-it-is-that-floats-your-boat upgraded gun, and almost invariably it enhances your shooting experience. I shoot better wiith my 525 but that may just be that it fits me better, but I also enjoy shooting it more, it feels better and as such is worth the money for that alone.

Edited by -Mongrel-