which waders

russdy

im on my 5th pair of waders and the current ones seam to be the best which are legeda 4mm. Had 4mm and 5mm neoprene chest waders. The kowala 5mm are warm but the boots are poor and fail.diawa 4mm good fit boots and stiching fail,the 4mm legeda at the moment seam to be best they have a fair bit of streatch to the the legs are long to suit taller people and has handy pockets,also as it has straps istead of full body and you can wear a cartridge belt under the waders and still gain access to your ammo. They arnt the cheapest at £65 but my 6th pair will be legeda. I do wear them and use them,dont just talk about it. If you go out a lot expect to buy a pair of waders every year. thigh waders will get you wet and inconveniance others.

I wear neopreen thigh waders, then if you've a long way to walk, at least you can roll them down & it's easier to walk & you don't overheat.

Suppose it depends how much walking you have to do & if you prefer to sit or Kneel down. Does

the shoulder strap on chesties bother you when you mount/fire the gun?

I undo the right shoulder one when ready to shoot

I use DIAWA nylon cheast waders The are confortable and importantly cool to wear and at £28 a pair good value. I find a pair lasts about one season , but I get a lot of wear from them as I wear them 3-4 days a week.

I think I would consider going back to the nylon/plastic ones as the neoprene ones do seem tight :innocent: probably because I am not the thinest :hmm:

These are my "Ronnies' I bought them from Glasgow Angling Centre at £25 but these are cheaper. They arent perfect. The buckle is just where the stock hits your shoulder so when in position I unclip one shoulder. They are nowhere near as warm as neoprene, so layer up!

http://m.gooutdoors.co.uk/svendsen-rt-nylon-wader-p145751

I also think this is a generic wader that is labelled by a number of suppliers. My mate has these and they seem to be exactly the same waders with a different badge.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270922580886?redirect=mobile

Edit to say that the top site seems cheap but it is collection only and funny sizes. But the product details are correct.

Edited by Big Al

I bought these in Sep. I'm very impressed so far, the beauty is your chest/shoulders are free from straps :good:

http://www.fishtec.co.uk/buy.cfm/thigh-fishing-waders/hardwear-pro-neoprene-waist-waders/40/yes/49259

My lad bought a pair of those earlier in the year and has been impressed with them. I borrowed them the other night just to give them a try and my feet were bloody freezing. It was -5 but as he's a size bigger than me I'd put a big pair of thermal socks on over the top of another pair of socks so was a bit disappointed with them. I had planned to replace my current pair with them but am now having second thoughts

I borrowed them the other night just to give them a try and my feet were bloody freezing. It was -5 but as he's a size bigger than me I'd put a big pair of thermal socks on over the top of another pair of socks so was a bit disappointed with them.

I have to admit, a thick pair of heat holders is a necessity with these. My toes have been cold a few times.

seriously, buy a decent pair and you wont have problems with stitching and boot leaks halfway through the season. i purchased a pair of breathable chesties in the form of the cabelas warrior 2's, and i have not used neoprenes since. the warrior 2's are warm with 1000gram thinsulate lining in the boots, they have armour tough leg coverings and 1mm thick neoprene on the inside of the material up to your thighs to keep you warm. the whole construction of the waders is made of the dry plus gortex material. since using them i have never been so warm and comfortable. not one bit of sweat after the usual 2mile walk with all my decoys etc and they are a lot easier to shoot in. check them out on the cabelas website.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Footwear/Mens-Footwear/Mens-Waders/Hunting-Waders%7C/pc/104797980/c/104747580/sc/104674680/i/103895280/Cabelas-Warrior-II-Waders-Regular/749092.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Ffootwear-mens-footwear-mens-waders-hunting-waders%2F_%2FN-1101198%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_103895280%3Fsadid%3D44000000016004977%26WTz_l%3DUnknown%253Bcat104797980%253Bcat104747580%253Bcat104674680&WTz_l=Unknown%3Bcat104797980%3Bcat104747580%3Bcat104674680%3Bcat103895280