4 Fox's last night

reggiegun

post-1678-0-37770700-1357413253_thumb.jpgpost-1678-0-93156100-1357413297_thumb.jpgpost-1678-0-06548700-1357413370_thumb.jpg

What a good nights lamping last night, got to shoot about 9.00pm, walked the first field and almost straight away heard a dog fox's mating call in the next field, of we went there as quiet as we could in the wet fields. I put my vixen mating call on and saw two set of eyes half way up the bank about 120 yards away, down in all the mud and first fox shot, could not believe the other fox took no notice at all of the bang so that was then no 2 in the bag. Went and picked them up nice big dog fox and a vixen (dog fox the top one in photo with 2 on)

Anyway walked to the next field and tried the rabbit call, after a few minutes caught the eyes of another fox, this time it was walking and stopping looking back at us along the hedge row, no shot as don't know what could be behind hedge, then it went throw hedge into the other field. We walked up to the gate in the hedge and shined into the field, there it was about 60 yards away, it turned and put its head down next to a fence post, could just see belly and rear end, with it only being 60 yards away I shot in the belly no 3 down. (photo with hole in belly)

Away back to our large scramble track field, lamped the field and fox no 4 about 170 yards away, tried calling it a bit closer but it was having none of it, so on the floor again and lamp on full and shot it in its chest.

This was my best nights foxing ever. 3 vixens and a dog.

Reggiegun