biodiesel

pestcontrol1

i have no problem running my td5 it is clean crisp and powerful. if it was worth as much as a pajero then maybe i would risk it.

a bosch diesel technician who serviced my injectors said " keep using quality diesel from the fourcourt pump stay away from that mucky biodiesel"

maybe it is worth a try. but not for me!

It is worth as much as a Pajero my friend, well, scrap value anyway!

Seriously though, well made bio is not a problem in my opinion. The problems can arise when it's home brewed and badly processed, which is laughable, because if you get a batch that doesn't process well, you can run it again to convert what didn't go the first time, so ultimately it's laziness that's lets things down.

If it was so bad, would McDonalds be running their entire fleet on it?

Useful forum for you, most of these guys have been there done it, sorted the problems.

Like all forums they can get arsey if you charge in like a Bull in a china shop, no worse than here though, but do some research and pick their brains when you really are stuckand I'm sure all will be well.

http://www.vegetable...el.co.uk/forum/

Cheers for the link mongrel some good reading on there my head is like a shed now lol.

They do fella.

where abouts have you seen them at that end cooker i am not to sure if the first one down bypass sells it

works in my old landy fine

And thats teh secret, an OLD engine. Newer engines have common rail fuel injection systems, so a fuel pump on each injector. These need lubrication and using cooking oil etc will sieze within a year. Bosch would under no circumstance honour any warranty on injectors used with cooking oil etc.

Old engines with a seperate fuel pump will work providing you follow some user guidelines which I would guess should be availabel from who ever is selling teh manufacturing gear.

I hasten to add I have been out of the motor trade for 4 years now so things might have changed.

A

Unless your using pre-used free cooking from a known source and its well filtered and made thin enough on older engines,

personally, I cant see the point in ruining a good engine. :no:

Stick to forecourt diesel and add a couple of capfulls of 2T (2-stroke oil) to a full tank once a month, or every two months.

That will keep it cleaned out and smell nice too :good:

Why wreck good engines and spend time messing replacing blocked filters and lines for sake of a few pence and reliability ??

Having ran a citroen bosch system on super market oil (rapeseed), I can say it works fine 50/50 summer months , brimmed up with diesel every 3rd fill - 0% emmisions.

However, supermarket prices on oil have now outcost normal pump prices.

Barrel price goes up - oil price goes up. Thats trade wars for you. :sad1:

Why wreck good engines and spend time messing replacing blocked filters and lines for sake of a few pence and reliability ??

LOL at 'a few pence'.

I saved hundreds, no thousands of pounds a year. I was doing £100 plus weekly on diesel. I was producing good, fully converted biodiesel for less than half the forecourt price and my only reliability issue was a blocked fuel filter which was completely expected and cost me about £15 IIRC.

Get the right vehicle (as I said before, a few just don't like B100, end of) and do your homework and you can eliminate pretty much all of the 'problems'.