Pump Club

thepasty

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How poo! Surely to make it shorter then the shortest setting you would need to un bolt the stock, and you could do that with the standard stock.... Some laws are stupid!!

i was going to question it by saying cheek pieces are adjustable aren't they ??? Trying to stay on the good side of the law :D

Guest cookoff013

I use an Express 870 20g for clays and lamping. Homeload 21g clay loads are nice and cheap, and the 7/8oz 4 shot loads I make for lamping are pretty good too (though not cheap!). The option to load up 36g lead or 32g Bismuth 3" carts may come in handy given its foreshore mudshrugging-off ability.

The weight and recoil pad allow the kids to learn on it without as much recoil as you can get with a lightweight sxs or O/U.

I am currently thinking about getting a 12g Supernova. Does anyone know what these cycle/pattern like with 65mm cartridges?

mine does jam with 65s now and again, it is just pump technique, cleaning and servicing these is very simple, i strip and clean mine everytime it goes out.

now and again to completely, give it an overhaul, ie even punch out ejector housing, spray and relube, spray out trigger group.. etc.

the manual does say use 70mm shells or more. i have had a few jams at the critical moment, but those were 2.5". its just technique, it throws shells further the longer the shell is, 3", the 3.5" go the furthest because the tension on the ejectorspring when pump is racked.

i wouldnt hesitate to get another.

i was looking into a 24" mossy 500 as an alternate.

I rate mine very highly.

A more logical way of assessing it`s popularity might be to tell you that it is the best selling field pump action in the U.S, home of the pump, and thats against all "domestic" comers.

is that current figures for pump action shotguns? or speficially "field pump actions" i'm just asking as i thought the 870 ruled the roost in the states?

Does anyone use copper grease on there pumps moving parts as a substitute for gun lube/oil. I've run out oil but got a new can of spray on copper grease and was wondering if I can use it instead.

I always found dry film lube was good on autos as it doesn't soak everything in oil and make dirt stick to it, you can buy it in most motor factors or buy the expensive version in gun shops called "remmilube" I think...

Regards,

Gixer

Just spoke to Devon and cornwalls firearm team and got pushed up the line to, I think the head honcho.

I was asking about overal length.

The law states, for sgc holders, minimum barrel length of 24 in and over all length of 40in as wel know.

NOW THE GOOD BIT

The sliding or detachable stock bit we were talking about before is no longer valid as that was removed when it was re vamped in 1997....

So you can have sliding or what ever stock you want so long as your overal length is no less then 40in. IN ITS SHORTEST SETTING

So when you read that bit about sliding stocks ect its due to that source not updating its source and causes a lot of misconception I was told.....

Edited by andy198712