Pump Club

thepasty

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh no , Pump club dropped of the board, and i'm not quite a member yet. Can't this be pinned ?

Kev

Have no fear there are several events over the next few weeks where the guys will be in action with their pump guns, ill add a few pics as & when I can, there is a club match at Worcester Norton tomorrow & the weather is forecast to be good.

On the 21st of April I will be at Romsey for round 2 of the four4island series & I expect Mr ChAoS from this thread will also be there, the following weekend we will be in Germany for the Bayern Cup, an International match where four4islands has sponsored a stage, there will surely be some exotic shotguns on show & there will also be no shortage of quality pump guns in action to photo & post here.

The weekend after that is 4th-5th May which is round 3 in the series near Horsham so plenty coming up to keep the thread afloat :yes:

N

Edited by neil smith

I expect Mr ChAoS from this thread will also be there

Yeeeeeee, haaaaaaa! (That's a "probably".)

While I'm happy with my new CAM295 camcorder, the last time that I went "a pumpin' and a leverin'", I forgot to take it along... However, I *do* have video of club members taking down a large branch that overhung the shoot's main "lurking" area (near the fire).

I hope to have shootin' video to show everyone, *soon*. (But that's what I said *last* time, of course.)

Regards,

Mark.

Any idea of some friendly pump club comps?

things that can be done through this forum... like how many clays can you shoot from a hand throw (yanky style), get it on vid for proof. but that one is kinda limited to the FAC guys.

I'll give the hand thrown clay challenge a go at the weekend as a starter.

Any idea of some friendly pump club comps?

things that can be done through this forum... like how many clays can you shoot from a hand throw (yanky style), get it on vid for proof. but that one is kinda limited to the FAC guys.

I'll give the hand thrown clay challenge a go at the weekend as a starter.

red neck shooting postal comp?

How do you think it'll go down at the local sporting clay club? :)

Any idea of some friendly pump club comps?.

How about a texas star knockout ?

I have two texas stars & just to make it fair we could all start empty or with only 3 in the gun, fastest time wins or set them up side by side & do a man V man match.

N

Edited by neil smith

So what makes it spin? are the blades angled like a propeller?

I tried some hand thrown clays... just one at a time to get the swing of things, I'll try two today and get the camera on it... I'll get the camera on it even for one just so I can say I hold the Pump Club Hand Thrown Clay record :D

So what makes it spin? are the blades angled like a propeller?

Weight & gravity, once the first plate is knocked off the uneven weight distribution makes it rotate, depending on the order the plates are shot the effect can be quite large, its not uncommon to see it windmill a complete 360 & gain speed, great fun.

Just a quick question Chaos.When you cycle your lever-action,can you actually cycle it without taking your fingers out of the lever eg,using back of fingers to do so,or do you have to actually use it like a lever?

Regards,

Mark.

P.S. Yeeeeee, haaaaaaa!

Edited by ChAoS

Ok well I hope I am allowed to do this?? I want to let fellow pump club that my pump is up for sale. I am a member with gunwatch but my private account never got activated. I PM'ed the moderator but this still hasn't been actioned a week or two on....

The sale is to subsidise against the cost of buying my Benelli M2, but don't worry I still have another pump! So still a member of Pigeon watch Pump Club ;)

So here goes... my gun.

Mossberg 500 12G, 28" barrel & moderated barrel - £450

Location - Windsor, Berkshire

Comes complete in original cardboard box with all user manuals, chokes, choke key, mossberg padlock.
The gun comes with two barrels, a 28" ported & ribbed multi-choke barrel and an additional hushpower barrel. The standard barrel has a hi-viz fibre optic sight which will be left on. The moderated barrel really works well with both normal loads and sub-sonic.
The gun is in perfect working order and cycles everything well. There are a few light marks on the barrel and mag tube from field use and were the shotgun has been pumped. But this is common on any pump action shotgun.
The action has velcro on the receiver, where I used to mount a velcro side saddle. This can be left on or taken off thats down to the buyer.
Not included in the sale, but available to buy is an picatinny rail, FAB defence For-end as seen on the Mossberg 590 and a limbsaver recoil pad.
With an RRP of £784
Will throw in a couple of box's of subsonic hushpower ammo with the sale.
Any questions please feel free to ask
IMG_7791_zpsa065c93b.jpg[/url]
IMG_7797_zps80136cd0.jpg
IMG_7792_zps57b793cd.jpg
IMG_7794_zpsd48cf34e.jpg
IMG_7799_zpsbf03434d.jpg
IMG_7819_zps09744862.jpg
IMG_7820_zps4bf0ba1c.jpg
IMG_7802_zpsf84e1ae0.jpg
IMG_7801_zpse253594c.jpg
Edited by Markbrowning