Pump Club

thepasty

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got mine from an advert on the bbs. It was being used for practical shotgun (extended tube etc.). The owner had just got sponsorship from another manufaturer so needed to move it on. It has a 26" barrel, 3" chamber and was made around 1982. Choke is fairly open, probably about 1/4 judging by the pattern, but I've not measured it. It patterns well with the 30 and 32g fibre 6s I tend to use.

Still not a member yet. Taking ages to get hold of my 870 wingmaster, bought it many weeks ago, cock up with my rfd and seller (paper work ), cock up with ups. Finally get it to my rfd mate. I started looking into the 870 and learnt that the plastic follower wasn't up to much and seems an alloy one was the way to go, especially as it would be locked in once it had been crimped. I couldn't get one locally so i machined up one myself out of alluminium. Took it to gunsmith to be crimped and sent off to proof house. Now been told there's a big back log. So still waiting, aaahhh.

Still not a member yet. Taking ages to get hold of my 870 wingmaster, bought it many weeks ago, cock up with my rfd and seller (paper work ), cock up with ups. Finally get it to my rfd mate. I started looking into the 870 and learnt that the plastic follower wasn't up to much and seems an alloy one was the way to go, especially as it would be locked in once it had been crimped. I couldn't get one locally so i machined up one myself out of alluminium. Took it to gunsmith to be crimped and sent off to proof house. Now been told there's a big back log. So still waiting, aaahhh.

it must be quite a new version of the 870 to have plastic follower ???

I had a similar huge wait on the proof house when I had my Browning BPS restricted. Personally I can't see what a mag restriction has to do with the proof house. Its has nothing to do with the gun being "in proof" it seems that the proof house have jumped on the restriction of SGs from S1 to S2 as another revenue stream.

I had a similar huge wait on the proof house when I had my Browning BPS restricted. Personally I can't see what a mag restriction has to do with the proof house. Its has nothing to do with the gun being "in proof" it seems that the proof house have jumped on the restriction of SGs from S1 to S2 as another revenue stream.

How long a wait did you have ? I've been told that the London house have been dragging their feet ! and Birmingham are quicker but at a cost.

Can I play??

Pumps:

Win. 97, made in '98

Win. 12, made in '17

Ithaca 37, made in '59

Rem 870 Express Magnum

Rem 870 Express

Been looking for one of the Mossberg made 24" barrels for the 870 if anyone ever sees one on their travels

I load slug & buckshot, though I'm hoping to improve the reloads as I'm in the market for a Ponsness Warren 375C Du-O-Matic press.

The first slug I made were nail headed and I had a hell of a time getting them to either chamber or eject: right in the middle of a timed shoot stage at a PSG comp !

Can I play??

Pumps:

Win. 97, made in '98

Win. 12, made in '17

Ithaca 37, made in '59

Rem 870 Express Magnum

Rem 870 Express

Been looking for one of the Mossberg made 24" barrels for the 870 if anyone ever sees one on their travels

I load slug & buckshot, though I'm hoping to improve the reloads as I'm in the market for a Ponsness Warren 375C Du-O-Matic press.

The first slug I made were nail headed and I had a hell of a time getting them to either chamber or eject: right in the middle of a timed shoot stage at a PSG comp !

Wow, we need pictures!!