For all you anglers out there

shakari

I have no connection with this but my crystal ball tells me that a new Portuguese record mirror carp was caught at 11am today (Saturday 16th feb 2013).

The fish weighed 49.5lbs & the trip was booked via www.tightlines-portugal.com.

The angler was Tom from carvoeiro on the algarve.

What a fantastic fish!

IMG_2338_zps86e94f4d.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've gotta say I'd rather fish for trout or barbel etc than carp but that one is a real corker.

We have odd fishing and hunting laws out here..... for example, no night fishing is allowed so the dedicated carpers often park a camper next to the swim so they can fish all day and then sleep in the camper at night.

Cracking fish for sure. A fish of such magnitude needs a name lol, can't help thinking how some people have a habit of making fish look smaller than they are and some making them look huge.

Smashing fish

Karpman

i think they should call it old wiskers after the angler that caught it lol

Each to his own and I am sure he is very pleased with this fish and put in a lot of hours to get it, but I would much rather catch a wild brownie, mackerel, bonefish or any wild fish on the fly than an artificially over grown goldfish when a bite alarm tells me it's there.

With you on just about every word of that post, apart from the bonefish bit. Never caught one so don't know if I'd like to (although I have to suspect it would be highly amusing!).

Been there done that with carp (well, 34lb biggest), also did match fishing for a few years before getting bored of tiddler bashing. This was in the days before when they started stocking ponds with 3-4lb carp and then match fishing for them! Got bored with most of it and now, like my shooting, I'm mainly only interested in catching something I can (and will) eat.

With you on just about every word of that post, apart from the bonefish bit. Never caught one so don't know if I'd like to (although I have to suspect it would be highly amusing!).

Been there done that with carp (well, 34lb biggest), also did match fishing for a few years before getting bored of tiddler bashing. This was in the days before when they started stocking ponds with 3-4lb carp and then match fishing for them! Got bored with most of it and now, like my shooting, I'm mainly only interested in catching something I can (and will) eat.

Caught my first bonefish and permit last week, acceleration like I have never experienced from any fish. Now totally addicted and already looking to book next year's trip to the Caribbean.

Trust me, you would definitely enjoy catching one!

wasnt that many years ago when 20lb carp would make the front cover of angling times these days alot of waters produce 20lb"ers on almost every cast ,i held a lake record for 2 years on 19.6lb carp lol my brothers always bagging 25lb 30lb carp seems every outing *** ,,,,