What springer for a 14 y/o girl

shoota

I've just purchased a TX200 MK 2 for myself to learn to shoot and my oldest daughter (14 in 2 weeks) has taken an interest in having a go so i'm thinking of buying a lighter air rifle for her to come shooting with me i think the TX would be far to heavy for her to start with. I know a PCP rifle would be a fair bit lighter but cost of the PCP's is a bit to much for me at the moment so can anyone recommend a decent starter rifle not to expensive and not to heavy please.

Have a look on Gun Watch or GUNSTAR or Gun Trader. loads on gunstar.

Have a look at Hatsans web site they do a few junior rifles that are very light.

The striker is light and full power for around £120.

A pcp would be good air arms s200 with a pump or bottle around £300.

Cometa 220 app £110 light easy to cock break barrel.

BSA Meteor or Mercury. Its all down to how much to spend.

She might lose all interest in no time.

The Chinese under lever is not bad for £60.

Or even the QB78 C02 light accurate and run on C02 power lets.

Just had a look at www.airgunpellet.co.uk

Chinese break barrel in .22 £32.00 new.

Chinese SMK underlever in .22 on offer at £42.00.

Chinese QB78 C02 rifle in .22 £98.00

They do a lot of better makes of rifles has well.

Edited by NIGHT SEARCHER

CO2 might be an option light low recoil and cheap can be tuned, QB78 can be had new around £120 or used for less try and find a used one thats been tuned

http://www.gunstar.c...e-gs118797.aspx

Have a read http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/238317-xs78-modded-to-11ftlb/

Edited by HDAV

Only trouble with a QB78 is the gent has four daughters it will cost him a fortune in powerlets.

QB78 about 40 to 50 shots per powerlet if lucky. And some shops charge has much as £1 each.

www.airgunpellet.co.uk are doing them at £.49p each + P&P

With four daughters may be a CO2 BB Pistol might be more fun for them.

You can mod them to run off a fire extinguisher.... 4 daughters but only one with any interest, with theQB/XS you have the advantage of PCP ease, cheap price, limited shot count but good accuracy (go .177 not .22) and can be tuned and improved easily. Ideal learning tool IMO

Most of us cut our teeth on the BSA meteor and mercury and other break barrels.

My two Sons i started them of with break barrels at 10 years old.

And I think it makes you a better shooter if you start with a springer.

Once you can shoot a springer a PCP or a gas gun is so easy.

Has in my post Number 2 www.airgunpellet.co.uk are doing the SMK underlever for £42.00.

Thats easy to cock and fixed barrel. So fairly accurate.

And I am sure Dad is going to be there supervising and if need be to cock and load a gun.

I still have 5 springers and 7 PCPs and its still nice to shoot a springer for fun now and then.

But has for pest control you can`t beat a pcp with a 10 shot mag and a good Silencer.

Weihrauch 99s ,probably the most under rated springer out there full power and light enough for a youngster to handle.This little beauty has the added benefit of the Rekord trigger and it will hold its value for when you want to upgrade.

Edited by Jega

bought my daughter a Bsa lightning XL then spent an age easing the cocking and firing cycle. Modern meteors are fine but the more powerful one is a hard gun to cock and the lesser powered one under power for hunting. .22 has a smoother firing cycle in springers and the bigger pellets are easier to handle but calibre isn't a big issue

• 2 weeks later...

Since the original request was for a springer there might be a S/H Gamo Whisper X out there at a reasonable price. Being a double spring set up it is a doddle to cock which may get over the initial "this is hard work Dad" syndrome. This rifle is now gas ram brand spankers. Also it is synthetic and a lot lighter than wood stock springers. Moderator built in so if you go hunting there is no issue.

Edited by garden gun

Gamo do a couple of junior size air rifles with synthetic stocks,

Stoeger do one or two

SMK Do a couple, one of which I bought my son, the 'Syntarg' has a synthetic skeleton type stock but is only 6 or 7ft/lbs, and has an easy grip finish on the barrel to aid cocking