What to by for £5000- £6000

Steve72

Have been set on buying a discovery for ages now, but an acquaintance has just bought a Subaru forester and its got me thinking. It' will be an every day motor and my shooting wagon I do about 10,000 miles a year so don't want anything to hardcore...... What else out there could be worth considering within my budget.. Many thanks

The new shape l200 would fit as would the ranger and you would get a decent example of either. If you only need a soft off reader then the x trail is worth a look. What you need to decide is what economy you are happy with, unless you can get a diesel the Subaru can use the same as a pickup. Landrovers have a look but you don't get much for your money

The Discovery will do everything you want comfortably!

I do just a little more miles than you, owned mine for almost a year and don't regret buying it at all.

If you do consider one, get yourself on a decent forum and know the 'do's and don'ts' when buying one.

Cos

The forester is surprisingly capable as far as traction goes its better than the usual pick-up suspects, it suffers from clearance issues that is all. They are literally capable of space ship mileages and have far better handling on slick or ice covered roads than any high centre of gravity 4x4. At 10,000 pa I shouldn't worry unduly about economy as the far lower initial purchase prices of a heavy drinker will off set quite a lot of fuel

Your not going to get a newish hilux for £5-6000 i went for the Isuzu D max very good mpg but one thing with any pick up is the insurance commercial vehicles

I also have a Discovery very comfortable to drive when i sell the discovery im going for a Pinin or Vitara for lamping

just looked at the pinin another I haven't considered.... What great motors 55 , 56 5doors with full history under 60,000 miles lots for well under £4000.

Thanks for suggestion. Why so much cheaper than all other suggestions?

Do the pinin have low range box ?? looking about soon but i want 4x4 with low range after my disco went to scrap heaven :sad1:

yes believe they do .... Also say its the most capable off road of the small 4x4's .. Not reported to be to refined on the road though . I think I may have a punt in one soon.

As it says in sporting gun ( march ) issue.

When it comes to Landrovers / 4x4 I'm afraid the simple fact is that a gentleman would not care to be seen in anything else.

It's not because they are better than shoguns or whatever - although we Landrover owners know in our hearts that they are.

That's just the way it is.

As it says in sporting gun ( march ) issue.

When it comes to Landrovers / 4x4 I'm afraid the simple fact is that a gentleman would not care to be seen in anything else.

It's not because they are better than shoguns or whatever - although we Landrover owners know in our hearts that they are.

That's just the way it is.

That's the thing in a different publication (the field) they thought new landies, discos and range rovers were a bit chavy especially in black