Chasing up your FEO

sc0tt

The fact that he hasn't spoken to your referee yet is NOTHING to either worry about OR base any assumptions upon. The F.E.O. does NOT need to speak to them!

Do they even ever take up references for SGC's? My referees were quite put out that that they weren't contacted at all, something they and I found very strange at the time.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had mine about 6 months ago i was the same as your self didnt no what he was goin to ask ended up stright froward an simple for example what is your additude to fire arms etc i didnt no what to say so he told me safe and cautious do panic about him they all seem to be all right

I got my home visit on Friday. 3 weeks 1 day after sending away application.

FEO told me to expect my licence in the post within 2-3 weeks maximum any longer and give her a ring.

Then today (Thursday) she phoned 1 of my referee's to check if I was suitable to own a shotgun.

Didn't phone the other referee though.

Fingers crossed all should go well tomorrow.

Nervous about the cabinet still. I don't want to have yanked it that many times when he does it, it pulls out :)

3 coach bolts (One with some epoxy resin due to a bolt not locking properly) and a normal bolt. Worst job ever trying to install the ******. Lets hope he doesn't want it moved.

We are spoilt up here in Cleveland when i sent in for my shotgun a few years ago it only took 4 weeks from start to finish .

Last time i sent in a variation dropped on on the morning got a call the following morning saying it was ready did i want to pick up or should they post it..

Twenty minutes later i was at headquarters collecting it.. took less than 24 hours brilliant service.. :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

Talking to someone today who is still waiting for a FEO visit after 5 MONTHS so the delay time here in sunny Gloucestershire continues to run at more than 6 months for new issues. What a complete joke it is with no evidence that they are prepared to do anything differently to try to deal with a service standard that ought to make them cringe with embarrassment!