S/H Webley Raider or New Hatsan AT44

poorpeet

i dont know about the raider but i have hatsan at 44 in 22 its amazingly accurate and powerful,v good ,mine its been chronoed at 11.6 with aa field,u get 80 shots out until goes down to 100 bar and spare mags are only 10 quit .Owning an s410 as well i can tell u that hatsan its as good as my aa with a plus from my point of view wich is the side lever very simmilar to hw 100 and as smooth as that .My hatsan was 295 s/h with an hd sport ,whisper silencer and gun bag

Hatsan I have owned one, great gun, not too heavy, well balanced, god 2 stage trigger. Only annoyance is the auto on safety, but it only takes a thumb flick to take the safety off! You have the reassurance of a warranty if you buy new and that happy new gun in a box feeling!

If all you happy Hatsan owners would like to come and join the forum, we would be only to happy to see you!

http://ukhatsanownersforum.myfineforum.org/index.php

That's easy.

If you buy a .177 you need a chronograph to measure pellet speed to tell you how fast your pellet is travelling so you can work out the trajectory on "chairgun".

If you buy a .22 you need a stopwatch, fire the gun, put the gun down, follow the pellet with said stopwatch until it hits the target you put out at 10 yards(you may have to wait for it to catch up)then click the stopwatch to give you a time. 7 seconds?

Which means that if you shoot at a rabbit with a .22 the trajectory is so loopy and slow that either,

A. The rabbit sees the pellet leave the barrel and walks away

OR

B. In mid flight the pellet hits an overflying swallow.

Either way, the rabbit is safe.

That's easy.If you buy a .177 you need a chronograph to measure pellet speed to tell you how fast your pellet is travelling so you can work out the trajectory on "chairgun".If you buy a .22 you need a stopwatch, fire the gun, put the gun down, follow the pellet with said stopwatch until it hits the target you put out at 10 yards(you may have to wait for it to catch up)then click the stopwatch to give you a time. 7 seconds?Which means that if you shoot at a rabbit with a .22 the trajectory is so loopy and slow that either,A. The rabbit sees the pellet leave the barrel and walks awayORB. In mid flight the pellet hits an overflying swallow.Either way, the rabbit is safe.

I actually own the Hatsan AT44 .22 and the BT65 RB in 1.77,they are both realy very accurate and have good knock down power out to 45-50yds,In my view which ever one you purchase you cannot go wrong with Hatsan PCP,s Quality and Price with spares as cheap as chips.!

I wish the OP good luck with his new Hatsan all be it a 22 or 177

ATB

Mal

i dont know about the raider but i have hatsan at 44 in 22 its amazingly accurate and powerful,v good ,mine its been chronoed at 11.6 with aa field,u get 80 shots out until goes down to 100 bar and spare mags are only 10 quit .Owning an s410 as well i can tell u that hatsan its as good as my aa with a plus from my point of view wich is the side lever very simmilar to hw 100 and as smooth as that .My hatsan was 295 s/h with an hd sport ,whisper silencer and gun bag

you seriously need to stop taking them pills mate :lol::lol: :lol:

I have to admit I favoured my at44 over my s410 90% of the time when I had the AA as I don't worry about knocking the stock or getting the rifle wet as the hatsan will never really be worth that much secondhand anyway, where as the s410 seems to attract owners who love the rifle to be perfect and any scratch or mark really effects the price. Both did the same job, equally as well as each other, the s410 did suffer once from the barrel clamp getting knocked and moving the barrel way off and runing the zero, the at44 is fairly robust in the regard.

I have to admit I favoured my at44 over my s410 90% of the time when I had the AA as I don't worry about knocking the stock or getting the rifle wet as the hatsan will never really be worth that much secondhand anyway, where as the s410 seems to attract owners who love the rifle to be perfect and any scratch or mark really effects the price. Both did the same job, equally as well as each other, the s410 did suffer once from the barrel clamp getting knocked and moving the barrel way off and runing the zero, the at44 is fairly robust in the regard.

i think it's a case of " each to their own" most Hatsan owners have not handled the AA series and vice versa otherwise we could go on and on " how longs a piece of string?"let's agree to disagree and move on hey and move on.....end of.

ATB

CHM

i think it's a case of " each to their own" most Hatsan owners have not handled the AA series and vice versa otherwise we could go on and on " how longs a piece of string?"let's agree to disagree and move on hey and move on.....end of.

ATB

CHM

Mal, I think you need some of Evo's tablets, Stuntman was saying that the AT44 did the job as well as an Air Arms, in fact he favoured using it over the Air Arms due to the lower residual value!

Nurse, Mal needs his medicine again!!!!!

Well it's going to be a .177 AT44 10 with a synthetic stock. Just waiting for it to arrive now. :good:

IMO You have made a wise decision my friend,my AT44 .22 also has the synthetic as well as a wooden stock,it's lovely and light to carry about in the synthetic and surprisingly quiet with a Deben silencer,don't scrimp on the scopes though,pay a bit extra and get a decent one,as for pellets go for AA Fields or JSB Exacts,they suit my barrels and give excellent groupings out to 40-45yds when zeroed in at 25-30yds.Good luck

ATB

CHM

It already has a scope on it. A mount master 3-9 40 No idea if ghey are any good but I'm sure it will do for now. The gun was made in May 2012 and hasn't beenused much or fiddled with. I plan to put that right. :)

Any essential things to do or check first?