Just bought my first bike!!

WelshLamb

Didn't think you'd pass your test yet welshed noce bike when I get around to doing my licence I'm getting a yzf 450 and or a cbr 600 rr

Bit of a difference between the two!! Haven't passé my test yet :lol: passed the module 1 of the direct death course this morning :) just 1 signature away from being allowed to ride it!!

Guest rimotu66

Great looking bike and just the job for your first bike, I'm 46 now and have have had a bike since I was 10, did 10 years club/national racing and have just sold my TL1000R, decided to have a year out due to a number of reasons but mostly due to having a few to many close misses last year (mostly because I was riding like a 20 year old with brain out of gear).

Ride carefully my friend and enjoy,dont forget to treat every other road user like an idiot who wants to punt you off. Do NOT get sucked in to keeping up with more experianced riders, ride to your own capabilitys and look at doing a advanced riding course, trust me you will learn a lot.

Great looking bike and just the job for your first bike, I'm 46 now and have have had a bike since I was 10, did 10 years club/national racing and have just sold my TL1000R, decided to have a year out due to a number of reasons but mostly due to having a few to many close misses last year (mostly because I was riding like a 20 year old with brain out of gear).

Ride carefully my friend and enjoy,dont forget to treat every other road user like an idiot who wants to punt you off. Do NOT get sucked in to keeping up with more experianced riders, ride to your own capabilitys and look at doing a advanced riding course, trust me you will learn a lot.

my last bike was a tl1000r as well i had it for 4 days before i wrote it off, used to use on on the track as well they earned their name, the widowmaker

I first started riding bikes off road in the 1950's before I started secondary school (just to show what an old **** I am.) I always nodded to everyone on my first road bike - a 250cc BSA C15 but that was only because it vibrated so badly - everything nodded or shook. Now I do it even when I'm not on a bike....... :w00t:

i had the same bike as my first first only difference was it was black and had a scorpion can. i did my first track day on it as well at oulton park. i loved it, i was 21 (im 29 now) went from a 1.4 corsa to a cbr600f how i lived through the first 12 months i don't really know because i was ******* mad. god it was fun. i traded it in for a gsxr750 and now iv got a cbr600rr 09 honda make the best bikes by far there build quality in my opinion is the best. Please get some training if you can and try and book yourself on a track day even if your not a fast rider you will learn so much. track days normally have free tuition. if your ever around the north wales area give me a shout, there are some great roads around here. i will never forget the reg r662 bvu.

Excellent advice here and i tell the same to every new rider who im out with. Too many ive seen just arnt aware of other vehicles, or come off trying to keep up with me or more experienced riders.

• 3 weeks later...

all bikes are widow makers.had four of my mates killed on bikes last 15 years ,and it was all there fault ,yes you are right treat every ****** on the road as an idiot,and ride to your capabilities not your mates .and dont go out on your bike after watching motogp .lol

keep safe.