Been turned down for sgc :-(

Certainly sounds like a can of worms ready to explode at the minute or one hell of story to make yourself feel better

I was thinking that. Didnt really want to put him down though. Ive often questioned some of the things said.

Although... The name of the gun club or such would probably clear abit of it up

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking that. Didnt really want to put him down though. Ive often questioned some of the things said.

Although... The name of the gun club or such would probably clear abit of it up

Im not heartless but its life and skirting around it doesn't help him, plenty keyboard warriors and big up themselves people on the internet or there is a shooting club thats ready to be closed down for breaking all sorts of rules id say.

if he is being genuine and responsible then he really needs to speak to the club IMO and not hide anything thats been discussed here

Edited by maxus77

You are seriously in need of a reality check :

your post #143 : "Yes im on prozac (have been for 3 years) but im 42 years old,married,5 kids and a grandad and have never been to the doctors complaining of violent thoughts or self harm,just needed some help in a period of my life when i couldnt get my butt out of bed etc,hence i was given prozac (wish i hadnt bothered)

also your post #149

With no previous experience of shooting you've been asking for permission to shoot quarry with .177 gas popper ?

You may find that having a friend, someone who knows you personally, to act as a devil's advocate will be benefical to you in the long run.

Fluoxetine is what i was on (not any more) and i honestly dont know where prozac has come from unless i had a few beers one night :lol: as for .177 gas popper,yup its not a holland and holland but still able to do the job im sure :rolleyes: and ive also said,im willing to just help and learn :rolleyes:

Im not heartless but its life and skirting around it doesn't help him, plenty keyboard warriors and big up themselves people on the internet or there is a shooting club thats ready to be closed down for breaking all sorts of rules id say.

if he is being genuine and responsible then he really needs to speak to the club IMO and not hide anything thats been discussed here

The club knows everything m8 :good:

Hope you make a full recovery but this thread is becoming a bit repetitve and tedious.

Couldnt agree more m8,feels like im been on trial :| well i wont answer any more questions on my PAST issues,so i will see you out on the grounds in 10 mnths peeps

THE END

Edited by harry69koi

Hope all works out for you in the end, just so you know for future reference Fluoxetine (also known by the tradenames Prozac, Sarafem, Fontex, among others), that way you know no ones having a pop if they call your previous meds by a different name

Fluoxetine is what i was on (not any more) and i honestly dont know where prozac has come from unless i had a few beers one night :lol: as for .177 gas popper,yup its not a holland and holland but still able to do the job im sure :rolleyes: and ive also said,im willing to just help and learn :rolleyes:

The club knows everything m8 :good:

Just for clarity, Fluoxetine is the generic active ingredient in Prozac. :good:

If refused an SGC i thought a club couldnt / shouldnt let you shoot there even if you attended there previously under general admission ?

How would they know if you didn't tell them? Also, I have personal experience of a chap who was refused a firearm certificate but who's continued club membership was not objected to. In fact the police said that they were quite happy for him to remain a member.

Id also imagine for helping disabled you will have to have passed enhanced CRB or DBS as its now called !

as your dealing with vulnerable people open to abuse, even taxi drivers for school runs have to be checked let alone

There is no legal requirement for it. Would probably be a good thing from the club insurers pooint of view though. Anyway, that check wouldn't show up any health problems a person had had.

J.