RWS S H Point

dibbz2000

Anyone use the RWS S H Point .22 pellets? They came highly reccommended by a friend so I bought a few tins and have tried them on squirrels and rats, they are worst pellets ive ever used! I dont know what my mate was raving on about, but my hit/kill ratio has dropped hugely because of these damn things! Back to the shop to get some more accupels me thinks!

Ive been using them in a webley raider 10, anyone else got experiences with them? :no:

Hi Dibbz,

I use them but am by no means an airgun expert. The bloke in the gun shop recommended them to me when I bought a gun recently to control the squirrels. The seem to do the job for me (apart from when dispatching squirrels in cages - See post below).

AVB

It has been said so many times, try different pellets and find one that you can group well and consistently with. Not much point if its precision engineered hollow-pointed Teflon coated all weather titanium hunting special pellets, if you can't hit anything with them you ain't killing anything :good:

Your mate was probably right, in his rifle they probably work fine..

As with a lot of other pellet manafacturers they MAY be using multiple dies for casting the pellets. You may have bought a batch from a die thats a tad tight causing the pellets to be a little on the slack side in the landz of the barrel.

If the head is not engaging the Landz and is free to move about this COULD be your trouble.

RWS super H points used to be great years ago in the early 90s when i used them but i moved on to H&N field target trophy and never looked back.

As pin says try a few different pellets as long as they are of a flat dome type they should produce clean kills if you hit the right zones.

LG

I used to use them upto 50 Yards. Seemed OK at the time, my Weihrauch PCP liked them.

After using computer simulation, I decided on changing my pellets. You have to remember, it's

not what anybody recommends. What do they know about the setup of your equipment and how

it performs.

At the end of the day, find the pellet that suits your rifle. I "used" to use accupels, but after having

my rifle serviced, and the barrel Tetra'd, Accupels were of the menu. They lead your barrel up too

much, in my opinion, unclean greasy and overated.

That is what I think, take it with a pinch of salt though.

Regards

Nick

I have been using RWS super H points for a couple of months through an AA s200 in .22 on rats at close range (up to 20yds) with great results, although they group pretty well up to 30 yds.

I heard about them in an airgun mag, and read that they are made of in a "softer type" of lead so as to deform quicker, and they give less chance of richocetts if a miss occurs around buildings (as if).

However, I am now a bit reluctant to use them because when chambering them the skirt must be a quite tight fit, needing a lot of pressure on the loading bolt to fully push them home the last mm or so. It was suggested to me by other members on a previous post to be aware that this tightness of the pellet could give premature fouling of the barrel.

Anybody else experienced this?

I have been using RWS super H points for a couple of months through an AA s200 in .22 on rats at close range (up to 20yds) with great results, although they group pretty well up to 30 yds.

I heard about them in an airgun mag, and read that they are made of in a "softer type" of lead so as to deform quicker, and they give less chance of richocetts if a miss occurs around buildings (as if).

However, I am now a bit reluctant to use them because when chambering them the skirt must be a quite tight fit, needing a lot of pressure on the loading bolt to fully push them home the last mm or so. It was suggested to me by other members on a previous post to be aware that this tightness of the pellet could give premature fouling of the barrel.

Anybody else experienced this?

Hi m8, im zeroed at the moment with super h point .22 in my s16, 20 yards i get tighter then 5p gruopings, they do seem to grip to the barrel alot, but there accurate and do ALOT of damage to what ever is at the end of em :blink:

• 3 weeks later...