8 year old first Pigeon then Lamping

The Ghost

Just back from a great days shooting with Fenny, started off shooting a small orchard sized wood and we agreed to take young Jenson for his first day on the pigeon. Jenson is only 8 so we had to wait for him to get out of school at 3.30pm, armed with my moderated 410 he was beaming from ear to ear. Jenson had 18 shots and got three pigeon, very good shooting with a gun nearly as big as him. Fenny was on fire again shooting a left & right pigeon with a crow in the middle no idea what you would call it, crow sandwich?

P1030586_zps301f79ab.jpgWe got a call from a Farmer yesterday, "I have big problems with rabbit....hundreds of them?

Fenny went to see him right away and sure enough he did have big problems with rabbit (I am pleased to say)

This is a new permission as we have never ever met the bloke, after the pigeon thinned out we packed up and grabbed the lamping gear.

We were able to run the truck up and down the field and picked off 42 rabbit from 8pm finished at 10.15 very pleased.

We had both been at work today so decided to call it a day, we will be back very soon and shoot into the early hours.....or even better get the ferrets out.

The day belongs to the young man above, we have said he can shoot with us again as we gave him his empty cartridge cases to show all his mates.

It is really encouraging to see members like you taking the time and affort to take a youngster out and offer encouragement and help to our next generation of shooters. :yes:

I take my hat off and salute the both of you. Well done guys! :good:

We could do with seeing a lot more posts like this on where members are bringing new blood into our sport! :yes::yes::yes:

Edited by Frenchieboy

nice looking gun as well, i have been shooting for over 30yrs with different guns and rifles and i bought a new sx3 two wks ago and i only had 6 pigeon so thats no disgrace to the young man he done really well, just think what his shooting will be like in 10 yrs well done to you young man keep it up...

Confidence is his best quality, I told him to wait until the bird lands in the tree then take your shot.

He was not listening and said he liked them best as they were coming in to land....he's 8

His dad does not shoot and the young lad knew Fenny was shooting at the bottom of his families land and just needed to get involved.

Fenny has just got another normal short 410 for him to use as we only have hushpowers that tend to be a bit long.