one for the motor bikers

colin lad

They're completely different bikes. Depends whether you prefer twins or fours. Never had a Fazer, but I've had a few four cylinder 1000's and they do everything you want them to, but I'm still a twin fan at heart. Got an Aprilia Tuono now. :good:

Try them both. They both have good and bad points.

Didnt get on well with the 1200 bandit,tried the 1250 :no: then the Z1000 :yes:

Much better bike for me so i had a spanker in 2008,still got it plus all its extra goodies fitted & it still floats my boat.... For sale soon unfortunately :sad1:

V twins are still a passion of mine & the sv 1000 is a cracker,but,try looking out for a Cagiva Raptor with the tl-sv engine,

i had the x-raptor & should never have sold it !!!

Oh ! DONT rule out a Firestorm either,good bike mate.

Bta

I've ridden both, what you using it for?

its mostly for commuting to work and back 6 mile each way but with the odd ride out with my boys only problem is my 2 youngest have 600 bandit and 600 fazor and i cant have them leaving me behind i will never hear the last of it lol

i love my little sv 650 just want that little bit more if you know what i mean,

did find a nice triumph 955i triple that looked nice

colin

its mostly for commuting to work and back 6 mile each way but with the odd ride out with my boys only problem is my 2 youngest have 600 bandit and 600 fazor and i cant have them leaving me behind i will never hear the last of it lol

i love my little sv 650 just want that little bit more if you know what i mean,

did find a nice triumph 955i triple that looked nice

colin

With that in mind, I'd say there's not a lot in it.

IMHO The fazer is the better tourer and long distance commuter, but for a 6 mile commute it don't make a great deal of difference.

I'd go for the fazer, but V twins do have more character than in line 4's......

ATB.

I was very tempted to add a triumph 675 to the collection, my mate has one and they are a good little bike with a very individual sound from the 3 pot motor. Trouble is that round here all the roads are worse than pants now with darn great potholes all over the place. Tend to ride the ST3 sports tourer more than the sports bikes these days.

def go the 1000 route ,got a rsv1000r factory,ace bike fast, ohlins allround ,sounds mint ,handles like a dream one of the best bikes i have had ,and ive had most of them ,but do love me twins.pure grunt.

I love my Aprilia, but I wouldn't rely on it for commuting.

I'd say a nice SV1000 is your best bet - plenty of grunt, nice sound and not too mental. :good: