franchi semi auto

leetodd

i have just bought one can anyone tell if they are any good please

Franchi auto? I am a big Franchi fan,and i Still have a 48 magnum, you wont go wrong with Franchis no mater what model. I am just guessing you have a 48AL and if so they are reliable workhorses, and Parts still available from Franchi direct as they still make the 48 in 20ga and 28ga many internal parts interchange trigger parts for example and are cheap compared to other italian brands spares.

Edited by B B

all i know mate that it is a franchi hunter

Should you not ask the question before you bought it? :whistling:

would have mate but didnt go to buy a gun just went for a couple of boxes of carts and ended up buying the gun when i was there spur of the moment you could say

all i know mate that it is a franchi hunter

Franchi hunter is a 48AL, the hunter will have hard chrome bore and would be fine for steel, check it is not full choke the barrel will be stamped with a single star if its a full choked gun, any more than this will be fine for steel.

Manual for it in the link below. download it and read it. I rate the 48 AL franchi.

http://stevespages.com/pdf/franchi_48al.pdf

Brilliant gun but do not put any 70mm mini magnums through it. Stick to no more than 1&1/4oz loads!

I witnessed one split it's forend length ways after accidentlly shooting a 1&1/2oz mini magnum!

Other than that blat away.

I missed a chance on a fancy stocked 20g years ago, still think about it today!

U.

I got a mag latch and new mag latch spring for my 48AL Magnum a rare gun compared to the std hunter model even back in the day, got them straight from Luigi Franchi in Breshia was 40 euros delivered. They still make 48s in 20 and 28ga many trigger plate and some action parts are still being produced as well as Franchi carrying spares. Fair enough GMK wont have much in stock but if you go straight to the manufacturer there is no problem.

I got a mag latch and new mag latch spring for my 48AL Magnum a rare gun compared to the std hunter model even back in the day, got them straight from Luigi Franchi in Breshia was 40 euros delivered. They still make 48s in 20 and 28ga many trigger plate and some action parts are still being produced as well as Franchi carrying spares. Fair enough GMK wont have much in stock but if you go straight to the manufacturer there is no problem. Regards GMK i dont know for sure but i doubt they will stock new 48ALs they just dont seem popular here the yanks seemed to get them easily but i have never seen one advertised new here in years, but they do still make the 48al in 20 and 28 or did last time i looked about a year ago.

Brilliant gun but do not put any 70mm mini magnums through it. Stick to no more than 1&1/4oz loads!

I witnessed one split it's forend length ways after accidentlly shooting a 1&1/2oz mini magnum!

Other than that blat away.

I missed a chance on a fancy stocked 20g years ago, still think about it today!

U.

Mine has done that! replaced forend with a bit of plastic water pipe.

Its basicaly a browing 5 shot with improvemants and lighter

I got a mag latch and new mag latch spring for my 48AL Magnum a rare gun compared to the std hunter model even back in the day, got them straight from Luigi Franchi in Breshia was 40 euros delivered. They still make 48s in 20 and 28ga many trigger plate and some action parts are still being produced as well as Franchi carrying spares. Fair enough GMK wont have much in stock but if you go straight to the manufacturer there is no problem.

You still got the address please bb? Need a mag tube for my raptor.

You still got the address please bb? Need a mag tube for my raptor.

Tel: +39 0722 307 1 Fax: +39 0722 307 370 Or perhaps email them direct, they will spin the line go through GMK, keep being persistent i told them i bought my gun from leslie hewit which is absolutely true, i did 27 years ago and they gave way due to this and sent them. good luck!

GMK are not good i am sorry to say. But with the lack luster guns they are churning out nowadays i cant say i am bothered i will stick to Browning or baikal even if i want a B gun they can keep Berettas and Benellis for me i have had a gut full of them.