Front on Foxes

I was back out with Peter Theobald this evening keeping up the pressure on the foxes.

Most of the crops surrounding his shoot are getting quite tall cutting down the shooting chances. Both were shot on a very poor crop of spring rape which is barely a half inch high.

The first was a barren vixen who gave us a couple of looks from the hedge then trotted out and parked her **** looking straight at me…a click from the switch and one from the safety then the thud of the round right on the bib, 170 yards from sticks to fox…..

We spotted the second on our way back at the far end of the field, with the moon lighting us up and the wind the wrong way things we not looking good.

My hearing is not the best and Peters is worse so any chance of whispering is right out the window…It looked a long way and Peter said “do you want to get closer? “

I replied “if we make any more noise it will **** off”

So this fox is still looking right at me and off goes the round and down went the fox…

We both said **** me! At the same time…

Both of us paced it back, I got 264 and Peter 260 so we called it 262 which is a long way for a front end shot off my sticks…STA60037_zpse692f1c6.jpgSTA60038_zpsfd3c28cd.jpg

TEH

Are you farming foxs down there? Wish I had that many around here, doubt the farmers wod agree tho!

I went an hour earlier that evening with my mind on a Munjac as the farmer had put the grass topper through a developing wood the day before and the rides were very clear.

As I was sorting out the gun a guy from a house opposite was looking across so I put the gun away and went for a quick chat as I have seen he has a chicken run.

I explained what I was doing and asked if he has visits from foxes?

His reply was yes because the RSPCA drop them at the end of the road!!

So I arranged to call in when I shoot that side of the farm…!!

TEH