Been a busy little bee!

Spent the best part of today getting our folding caravan sorted for August. Spent this morning replacing the road lights and reflectors, the old ones had cracked and broke away.

Had some wiring to do too! Then this afternoon I spent freeing up the floor leveling leg that jas been siezed for.some time now.

I had tried heat and a few attempts to free the leveler but I ended up sheering off the key to turn the threaded bar with.

Today I borrowed a SECOND torch and used them both together to generate more heat, just using the one I couldn't get any glow.

Both fired up and after about 5-6 mins it was starting to glow. Placed the threaded bar in the bench vice and used a pillar drill vice to clamp onto the square box section and away it went.

Ground away the old weld on the tip of the threaded bar, this needs welding back on but I ain't got welding facilities :no:

I also need a second key made and welded on too.

Quite chuffed with what I got done.

2013-06-01_17_28_43.jpg

2013-06-01_17_28_55.jpg

there is a whole generation of kids growing up now who dont know one end of a screwdriver from another....we are a dying breed......im glad my daughter used to mess around in the workshop with me, as she rang me up the other day asking me what pressure does she pump the expansion vessel up to on the boiller !....her husband is a food scientist with all degrees and stuff and cant even drill a hole in the wall. And she has a tool box ! im ever so chuffed with her (im working on my grandaughter now she is 4 and 3/4, teaching her to bang nails in wood....she loves it )

men with sheds an stuff live longer !!

there is a whole generation of kids growing up now who dont know one end of a screwdriver from another....we are a dying breed......im glad my daughter used to mess around in the workshop with me, as she rang me up the other day asking me what pressure does she pump the expansion vessel up to on the boiller !....her husband is a food scientist with all degrees and stuff and cant even drill a hole in the wall. And she has a tool box ! im ever so chuffed with her (im working on my grandaughter now she is 4 and 3/4, teaching her to bang nails in wood....she loves it )

men with sheds an stuff live longer !!

So right!

Love it.

You need a bigger vice Mate! :good:

I need a bigger everything! Well ALMOST everything :wub:

I need a bigger shed really. I eventually would like to furnish it with a Lathe and a blooming great big vice, among other things. Compressor, welder, maybe even a BED :lol:

Edited by Lord Geordie

a little tip for ya, leave them soaking in some paraffin and old engine oil mixed overnight and they certainly will last a lifetime as they wont be affected by water

hope this helps, nice work by the way,,cheers Evo