Watermark removal

truflex

He is no friend, weird why would he stick a water mark on it?? any imaging software and with the right knowledge you can remove the watermark.

I have had this from people who have obtained proofs of photos and didn't want to pay up for the proper ones.

A friend of a friend touched it up but now wants a tenner for two minutes work. He stuck a water mark on it.

If they agreed to do it for nothing and then changed the agreement then walk away but otherwise pay up or do the work yourself.

I'm amazed by the amount of times people ask me if I can Photoshop images and then expect it to be done for nothing. It takes hours of practice and experience to do it right, same as any other profession, so it makes little difference whether you do a good job in an hour of 5 mins.

Must admit I get a little annoyed with mates who ask me to spend my free time doing artwork for them for nothing.

If he agreed to do it as a favour then fair enough, but being self-employed I always insist on paying( even if its only a tenner) whomever has done anything for me as I know what it's like when taken advantage of.

I'm with the above. If you cannot do it a tenner sounds reasonable for 'two minutes' work. Although I'm always amazed how someone with no expertise in something can estimate the time it takes to complete.

That reminds me, I must build that garage I've been after. Should only take ten minutes...

Watermarks are easy enough to remove in photoshop, because i know photoshop well and use it frequently, but for some or most they wouldn't have a clue, its an area of expertise and therefore it would take someone with the skill set, time and knowledge to remove the watermark whereas you or others wouldn't know how to, and therefore a price could be asked for the removal of the watermark, its hard to find free labour nowadays, it would be alot easier for you to pay him because it would be quicker for you but also shows that his efforts are appreciated. With any work i do with regards to videography, graphic design or photography i always make sure i leave my mark on them, if im uploading the work publicly, or if its for a preview for the buyer before they pay, im sure if it was a 2 minute job he wouldn't of cared about money, but it must have took longer than you thought, and that reflects in his price, i could argue its only fair on him.

As my old father in law, a master engineer and mechanic, used to say.."I'm not charging you for the 10 minutes it took me to fix it, I'm charging you for the 30 years it took me to learn how to fix it in 10 minutes"

My BIL now runs the business and often gets grief from customers for charging £30 or or £40 to plug in his diagnostic machine and clear a few faults or run a diagnosis in a few minutes. He has spent about £10K on the machine, software and licences but people expect him to give away the benefits for free.

If you don't want to pay him, do you have a skill he could use in return?