Cleaning stainless roasting tins, advice required

ack-ack

I have numerous stainless roasting tins that I'm too ashamed to used now on account of the accumulation of burnt matter up the sides. I've tried all the usual household abrasives and so called heavy duty cleaners but they aint having none of it. I had considered dropping them in to get sand blasted.

Any tips on how to get them back to be being bright and useable would be appreciated. They were not cheap and I don't want to bin them.

As mentioned before Caustic soda will remove anything organic carbon included and will not leave stain's on stainless , Just soak overnight in a strong solution and they should come out clean as a whistle but be carefull not to splash yourself as it will eat your clothes or blind you.

Use a window scraper (that is normally used to remove paint)

Tried that, the surfaces are not perfectly straight and it tends to score the trays

Caustic soda will do it, but be careful it can be nasty stuff.

Noted, cheers

Dont bother as you should always leave a bit on for next time, makes it taste better!!!!

Might work for a skillet but these are beyond that!!

Seems worth a pop but oven cleaner has been quite dissapointing so far. The deposits are very charred and have ceased to be organic.

As mentioned before Caustic soda will remove anything organic carbon included and will not leave stain's on stainless , Just soak overnight in a strong solution and they should come out clean as a whistle but be carefull not to splash yourself as it will eat your clothes or blind you.

Is one of those plastic rubble / horse tub things a suitable vessel for immersion?

Sand blasting is a no as it will cut through stainless steel like butter, that's what my sand blasting guy says .

The only way of getting burnt deposits off stainless steel that I know of is to burn it off , but be aware it may warp depending on the thickness of the metal , and it will discolour through the heat :)

Many years ago in the scouts we used Daz paste on the campfire pots.

Simply mix washing powder with water to a thick paste and smear on then cook as normal. The crud then washed off in soapy water.

Without actualy cooking anything,you could include the insides.

Should add that these were not stainless pans/pots. Perhaps try one pan next time you have the oven on for something else.

If you try this,let us know how you get on.

Bryan.

Put the little woman on it before you go off to work!!

or

put some detergent (dish soap) in the pans and fill 1/2 full with water and cover--put over low heat and let the steam soften the remnants. Save these for dressing next time you get the SX2 out in the field.

Hope this helps (remember that?) LOL

Fairy or other washing liquid and fill with water then let it simmer on the hob. It should soften it all up and make it easier to remove. Not to sure how long to leave it so you will have to play around with times or just use the oven pride as its good gear

Fairy or other washing liquid and fill with water then let it simmer on the hob. It should soften it all up and make it easier to remove. Not to sure how long to leave it so you will have to play around with times or just use the oven pride as its good gear

Doing this with bicarbonate of soda is better than washing up liquid!