Government 'cuts'

masmiffy

What a fec king joke this is!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/jun/25/local-government-george-osborne-cuts

Cuts all over the place and we still are handing our cash out to 'aid' other countries and the ******* illegals over here!!

When will any government get a grip and start looking at the 'real world' !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Zapp

•  

It's all subjective , our version of the " real world" is very different to the " real world" of a pair of posh boys with tens of millions in the bank and several homes , until we install some " real" people in Downing Street it will always remain the same

That wont happen any time soon.unfortunetly

The trouble is that "real people" would nowadays stand no chance of getting the top jobs. I'd imagine that all the party leaders have spent nearly their entire lives (from their teens on) working in politics, driven by the desire to suceed. Newspaper reporters will scrape & sniff through their past lives looking for dirt, meaning that the hopeful new politician will need to tread very carefully all through their lives and will have to be happy to know that every old flame, friend, colleague and drunken night out will be scrutinised.

Would we work as a party activist for years in our own time? Would we work as a researcher for a politician for next to no pay? Would we want some scumbag reporter sniffing around every aspect of our lives looking for dirt? How many of us would have the sheer, cunning and ambition to get anywhere near the top job?

I know I wouldn't!

Strangely, I admire their dedication as much as I loathe them for having it.

TT

The trouble is that "real people" would nowadays stand no chance of getting the top jobs. I'd imagine that all the party leaders have spent nearly their entire lives (from their teens on) working in politics, driven by the desire to suceed. Newspaper reporters will scrape & sniff through their past lives looking for dirt, meaning that the hopeful new politician will need to tread very carefully all through their lives and will have to be happy to know that every old flame, friend, colleague and drunken night out will be scrutinised.

Would we work as a party activist for years in our own time? Would we work as a researcher for a politician for next to no pay? Would we want some scumbag reporter sniffing around every aspect of our lives looking for dirt? How many of us would have the sheer, cunning and ambition to get anywhere near the top job?

I know I wouldn't!

Strangely, I admire their dedication as much as I loathe them for having it.

TT

I tend to think that the age that someone is allowed to become an MP should be put at say 40 and they should have had jobs outside of politics for at least ten years before they are deemed eligible to be an MP let alone the PM.

Having said that George Osborn they say worked in a bank and he has not got a clue he still thinks that helping people to buy houses at inflated prices is going to help when all that it is doing as any fool could tell him is making things worst.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

overseas aid budget wont ever be cut :no: .we still have to show the rest of the world the way.

don't ask me why.as I thought charity began at home.

really ****** me off

Aid isn't charity, aid is bribes (but you can't call it that) so we get first dibs on various defense contracts, natural resources and other opportunities abroad.

I would rather have good schools and healthcare than pay an unnecessary amount of council workers to pen push who all get automatic pay rises

/devilsadvocate

if its that good why not apply, im sure you wont mind moving :whistling:

http://www.cumbria.gov.uk/eLibrary/Content/Internet/541/789/1116/40189112830.pdf