Worse ways to spend a Sunday..

Constantinos

Well it seemed like it was a good idea to check out some farms that I can shoot on sometimes. Nothing around really, and most of they crops had yet to meet a combine...bar one which was started on Saturday it would appear, and the farmer appeared later to finish it off.

Set up at 9ish, 6 half shells on springers, 3 full bodies on the stubbles, and a small motorised spinner thingy (a.k.a. Triple Motion Decoy Carousel) with another 3 full bodies on. Hide set up in front of a lone oak facing north, and the gentle breeze (later gusts) were coming from the west. Pigeons decoyed all day till 230ish when they suddenly stopped and by then had shot 103 on the clicker, lost 9 in the stubble and 2 towered into a distant tree and collapsed.

Probably could of and should of hit in excess of 150 - but not complaining....

post-23516-0-35132900-1376327895_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Constantinos

Lol - It's a Decoy Pigeon Carousel Triple Motion with 3 Arms - I mainly use it on crows for movement in the pattern, without having to lumber across the field with a proper rotary...seems to work nicely on pigeons too.

Just couldn't think of the proper name!

I too, have one of those carousel triple motion device, and I have made crow decoys to sit on it, instead of the pigeon's (doves) that came with it. I have had some success with it last year, and will try it again soon.

Well done on getting the Crows. :good:

I too, have one of those carousel triple motion device, and I have made crow decoys to sit on it, instead of the pigeon's (doves) that came with it. I have had some success with it last year, and will try it again soon.

Well done on getting the Crows. :good:

Decent piece of kit for £50-odd. Shot at the crows the other week with a friend, with the triple motion, half shells and crowcalls...brought down 172 jackdaws/crows/rooks. Definitely a versatile piece of kit and adds that extra touch of movement which is perfect.

Decent piece of kit for £50-odd. Shot at the crows the other week with a friend, with the triple motion, half shells and crowcalls...brought down 172 jackdaws/crows/rooks. Definitely a versatile piece of kit and adds that extra touch of movement which is perfect.

Why don't you post a few more of your experiences on this forum?