Easy Gun Cabinet light

Pole Star

Exactly why I put up a light in the gun safe because putting marks in some of those lovely stocks cause me great pain ! & perhaps you can notice I lined it with a carpet off cut & combine that with one of those lights which cost under £3 its a job well done & should have been done ages ago .

The lights take 3 AAA batteries & they last for a long time & they give off really good amount of light & its all directed down so the floor is well lite up which is great when you have dropped a magazine or such as then it becomes a doddle to find , unlike before when I was cursing & swearing trying to find anything I dropped in there .

We all seem to put our gun safes in dark & dingy places like under the stairs & in cupboards in the wall ect , by the time you have got an electrician & wire ect its so much hassle we don't bother & for the sake of less than a fiver it can be fixed in less than 5 minutes , I recommend it & boxes of AAA batteries can be bought cheap from Liddles. :good::good: ATB Pole Star

I've the same in my safe - had initial problems getting the pesky tape provided to stay stuck to the roof of the safe but after some faffing, I went for some double sided velcro which cost me the princely sum of 30p from my local knitting shop (don't ask!) and bingo, it's stayed put and as above poster says, works a treat for avoiding knocks.

I just turn the bedroom light on as I walk past the switch, simples

There is always one :lol: ! wait till you come home cold & wet after a days fowling & there is power cut ? then see how good your light switch is ? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: .

ATB Pole Star

Edited by Pole Star

After bit of hunting round ordered this as it has all functions sensor magnets etc

http://www.amazon.co.uk/lighting/dp/B002MCZL80

Thanks for that - I gone one of these. All I can say is 'Spot On' :-) This little thing is brilliant. I used to keep a little torch for my safe, now I just need this. Might get a few more.

It takes 3 AAA batteries (included) and switches on for 15 seconds with any movement near the sensor. More than enough.

It remains to be seen how long the batteries last while in standby - but if they last 3-6 months, i'm happy. Got plenty of re-chargables!

Edit: Some cheaper ones here. These are not the ultras so they will come on day or night. The ultra has a photosensor so they don't come on if it is too bright. Probably not really needed for a safe.

Edited by aris