Does anyone else use these?

klonkadik

The idea of resting a shotgun on my foot has never sat well with me, one day I might forget that I'm using the semi-auto and leave one in the chamber.... :blink:

I prefer to hold my broken gun in the crook of my elbow, or occasionally broken across the shoulder.

Edited by -Mongrel-

I use mine all the time, you've got to be really dim to have a loaded gun resting on your foot especially if your sxs or o/u is not broken ,Not every cage or trap stand has somewhere to rest your gun and if you don't walk round with a gun slip of some sort it can be a pain in the bum, so one of these can be ideal or the job :)

Edited by Willpoon

The idea of resting a shotgun on my foot has never sat well with me, one day I might forget that I'm using the semi-auto and leave one in the chamber.... :blink:

I prefer to hold my broken gun in the crook of my elbow, or occasionally broken across the shoulder.

Broken across the shoulder is not a good idea, you end up turning around and someone stood behind you gets the stock of your gun smacking them in the face. Seen it happen many times.

Broken across the shoulder is not a good idea, you end up turning around and someone stood behind you gets the stock of your gun smacking them in the face. Seen it happen many times.

Unlikely in my particular circumstances. I only do this in the field where I generally shoot solo. At a clay ground it's in a slip until I enter the cage, then it is broken, removed and shot, before being put back in the slip before I leave the cage. Can see how it could happen though.

Went to a clay shoot last week & bloke was using one . His had a protruding bit that went into the barrel . Although he only put it on his foot when the gun was broken.Although at the same ground around 10 years ago someone rested a loaded auto on his foot . You guest right supposedly it went off , this was about an hour before we had arrived .

Interesting with all the 'only ever do this if the gun is unloaded' replies.

Pretty certain that most shooting accidents that happen are with guns that it was 'thought' were not loaded.

I was always taught, if gun is out of slip, then gun broken, no cartridges in chamber unless about to shoot, barrels in a safe direction.

All 3 of those, not 1 or 2 of them.