1st For the Archer

Dougy

After having a couple of blank night's (probably down to the over zealous pest control) i went out on some freshly cut stubble and spotted some eyes out at around 100yds or so, not hanging around probably the smell of diesel fumes blowing there way. Driving beyond them and eventually getting down wind from them i got set up with my caller with some new all improved !!! special offer!!! calls added. It wasnt long before one decided its go to check out the creature making that noise.post-2987-0-29260700-1377762850_thumb.jpg

That sat at about 60yds. It's mate was no were to be seen,well at least for a while. It soon showed itself around 100 or so yds around 20 mins later. With 2 in the bag and 22.20 I was happy so picked up the 2 and dropped them under the back of the pickup. Before I went for the caller I had a look over the hedge using the Archer and firefly there was another pair of eye's, Oh! could be in for a 3 some, this one wasn't moving,it had some suspicions, I was the wrong side of it, it could get a wiff of my after shave if I wasn't careful the smell of "brut" may just make it turn tail and run. The only way for this was to stalk round to get a shot on from the left hand side and get out of the wind. Eventually I got in a good position but had difficulty judging the range, normal when using NO so I,my informed, front chest would or should meet the mark, it did. All 3 dropped motionless, was trying some 60grn very max through my 22.250 for a change.

Edited by Dougy

Well done Dougy and welcome to the PW Archer Club!!Lol

These NV units are incredible would you agree!!

Never had a Fox spooked once by the Firefly laser!

Keep more pics coming bud!

Great on rabbits to Mark if you can find some to shoot. :lol::lol::lol: Yes Dougy welcome to the PW Archer club :lol: atvb Terry

Have you found the laser spooks fox,s, i shoot mainly on well lamped permissions and allot of wise fox,s any flick of a lamp and they're gone. That's one of the reasons for the spend

Had it twice in nearly 7 years of using them.

To be fair 1 of them i missed myself the week before :blush:

Do you find the NM800 better?priced 1 today and will be £77 to get the IR and neck for mine :oops: (got red led at present)

good shooting again dougy,i avn't seen that rifle before which one is that,ive never used night vision yet on the foxes, i must ave a go one day,i always think if i don't shine my lamp i could fall down a well or some thing ha ha ,cheers simon...ps is that a fast twist barrel rifle you have there/....

Had it twice in nearly 7 years of using them.

To be fair 1 of them i missed myself the week before :blush:

Do you find the NM800 better?priced 1 today and will be £77 to0 get the IR and neck for mine :oops: (got red led at present)

yes not had a problem with the nm, twice had fox's run from the laser, neither i must add were shot at.

Just rang permission to let them know I'll be round later. See if I can clear up some more.