Transferring guns

nsi

A hypothetical friend is waiting for his interview for sgl. But he's seen the perfect SG for sale 2nd hand. Would there be any issue with him paying the private seller and then me putting it on my ticket and in my cabinet until he's signed off?

I know its a bit more paperwork than if he were to wait until he's signed off n then buy it himself but he doesn't want to miss this deal. Anyone see any issues with this plan?

Thanks

Nice one, thanks guys. All sounds fairly simple.

I'd look after the gun 'as if it was mine' because technically/really it is at that point!

I could then take it along to clay grounds for my friend to use and then I'd just take it home and lock it up til next time or until he has got his stuff together and signed off!

Thanks all

I wouldn't bring it out of the cabinet until he gets his own SGC!

Some friends don't half take the mickey, or try to.... and it's your certificate and responsibility!

What could the friend do? It's my gun, on my ticket, they paid for it. I use it, clean it, store it and then when they are legally entitled to own it I gift it to them. What can they whine about?

A hypothetical friend is waiting for his interview for sgl. But he's seen the perfect SG for sale 2nd hand. Would there be any issue with him paying the private seller and then me putting it on my ticket and in my cabinet until he's signed off?

I know its a bit more paperwork than if he were to wait until he's signed off n then buy it himself but he doesn't want to miss this deal. Anyone see any issues with this plan?

Thanks

Technically, yes, as he is purchasing a firearm without having a certificate for it. It is illegal to do this but whether anyone would bother prosecuting is another matter.

Best way is to give the seller a deposit and pay the balance (and, hence, complete the purchase) when he cert is granted.

J.

Technically, yes, as he is purchasing a firearm without having a certificate for it. It is illegal to do this but whether anyone would bother prosecuting is another matter.

J.

There is nothing wrong with PURCHASING a firearm or shotgun without a ticket. However, taking possession of it is another matter entirely.