More spent 12g tom foolery.

Lord Geordie

Can you put a hole into the end of the silicone mould which is slightly smaller in bore to the wick and then then fill the mould with the wick already in place? I don't know anything about this subject but it's just a thought. good luck

Sorry for being thick, just reread your post :blush::blush:

Can you post details of the silicone moulding stuff you use?

I think you'd be better off trying to cast with wicks in situ. If you stiffen them with some melted wax, you could poke them through a small hole in the mould and have enough sticking out to make sure they're vertical, if that makes sense

Not thick at all!

I ended up breaking a few more yesterday so When I make the new mould I am altering my moulding process. I already have it planned out so should work ok!

Like I said earlier I have a friend near Hexham (I'm from Newcastle originally) who makes lots of candles and has a good knowledge of candle making if you need any help/info.

I think you'd be better off trying to cast with wicks in situ. If you stiffen them with some melted wax, you could poke them through a small hole in the mould and have enough sticking out to make sure they're vertical, if that makes sense

Shore A28 RTV silicone. Basically you can use any silicone that is suitable for hot liquids such as wax.

Mould making is dead easy. Took me less than 20 mins to make the single mould. The 25 unit one should take no more than about 45 mins.

I have a plan in hand when making the new mould that will allow me to pass a wick through the mould with ease!