CHEAP REMINGTONS!

cal 7888

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

admitedly they have no numbers of stock! but yes there are big discounts i have seen the clear out cost price lists, i dont think you have!

no as of the 5th of october ALL remington repairs will be carried out by the new distributor (SMK)

its all been said in their press release!

Everything Remington has been sold to a large retailer (direct info from an Edgars rep today) - I don't know of any dealer who was given an opportunity on any of it. I doubt they had much in to begin with though.

Who's press release - Edgars? Well, they would say that, wouldn't they?

J.

Like i said from the edgars close out list...

okay okay maybe not 50% but i have just had a look through just the rifle list and worked it out, the biggest discount is 47%!

if your not going to split hairs then, confess away! :)

Well, if they had such a list then it went to very few dealers as I don't know any who got it. Hence, there won't be many cheap Remingtons about.

J.

Everything Remington has been sold to a large retailer (direct info from an Edgars rep today) - I don't know of any dealer who was given an opportunity on any of it. I doubt they had much in to begin with though.

Who's press release - Edgars? Well, they would say that, wouldn't they?

J.

SGC? AVALON?

Would people agree that £650 for a brand new Remington 870 Wingmaster is a good deal ?? I have been led to believe that the full retail price is closer to £975 + !!

What say you? would you buy it for that money? ( apparently there is some very minor damage to woodwork, but is brand new, unfired, in the box etx ).

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on this people !!!

:good:

Apparently one dealer has bought all of the 1100 Competitions that EB have!

Anyone know who this dealer is yet ??

Would people agree that £650 for a brand new Remington 870 Wingmaster is a good deal ?? I have been led to believe that the full retail price is closer to £975 + !!

What say you? would you buy it for that money? ( apparently there is some very minor damage to woodwork, but is brand new, unfired, in the box etx ).

£650 is still too much...and I already own two 870's

Good to see Remington changing UK operations. IF it results in better RRP's then everyone will be a winner...have said for years that too many similar products does them all a disservice.

Riflecraft had already taken the RemMil dealership sometime last year.

All we need now are a couple of other big brands to follow the example set. EB's can then concentrate on Hatsans and airsoft; lots of nice margins there

Edited by saddler

Frankly no, not enough gun for the money. This is the Issue with UK Remingtons, hopefully things will change

I have been told now that the gun is totally new !! unfired, pristine, totally unmarked and read to go !!!

So is 650 squid too much to pay? really ? are they cheaper elsewhere ?

Starting to think about backing out of the whole thing now !!!!! not a happy bunny !!!

What is the issue here, what does it matter what anyone else thinks, if you like it/want it and think its ok buy it, if you don't walk away.

Thanks Dekers, for a really unhelpful comment. The issue is this !! I aint no expert when it comes to buying guns.........I'm not entirely sure if paying 650 for a new Wingmaster is a good thing or not......it does seem to be a good deal. So coming up with the gem of a reply " if you like it get it, if you don't......walk away" has not helped me at all.

This is supposed to be a forum where fellow shooters can help each other out when they ask a serious question. I don't wnt to get ripped off........do you get it ?

The sort of answer I was hoping for was " Get it, that's a bargain" or " Don't get it, it's way too much" Something along those lines.......if it's too much for people to respond properly to this question, I will stop using the forums for advice........too many people have the wrong attitude for it.

ps. dontknow why my tablet has posted things twice, I aint a computer expert neither !!!!!

Thanks Dekers, for a really unhelpful comment. The issue is this !! I aint no expert when it comes to buying guns.........I'm not entirely sure if paying 650 for a new Wingmaster is a good thing or not......it does seem to be a good deal. So coming up with the gem of a reply " if you like it get it, if you don't......walk away" has not helped me at all.

This is supposed to be a forum where fellow shooters can help each other out when they ask a serious question. I don't wnt to get ripped off........do you get it ?

The sort of answer I was hoping for was " Get it, that's a bargain" or " Don't get it, it's way too much" Something along those lines.......if it's too much for people to respond properly to this question, I will stop using the forums for advice........too many people have the wrong attitude for it.

ps. dontknow why my tablet has posted things twice, I aint a computer expert neither !!!!!

So, you will only be happy if it gets the PW Massive seal of approval will you, and if it doesn't will you keep asking about every gun and price you see until one does get PW approval?

Grow some balls and make a decision, would you like me to tell you which woman to marry, car to buy or shirt to wear and how much to pay for them?

What does it matter what anyone here thinks, you are the one that needs to be happy with your purchase.

Edited by Dekers

So, you will only be happy if it gets the PW Massive seal of approval will you, and if it doesn't will you keep asking about every gun you see until one does get PW approval?

Grow some balls and make a decision, would you like me to tell you which woman to marry, car to buy or shirt to wear.

What does it matter what anyone here thinks, you are the one that needs to be happy with your purchase.

maybe because the guys asking for some advice from more "experienced" shooters that may have used one and know what one is like?

hes never used one so he doesnt know what the faults are?

c

Dekers #66

Posted Today, 08:35 AM

So, you will only be happy if it gets the PW Massive seal of approval will you, and if it doesn't will you keep asking about every gun and price you see until one does get PW approval?

Grow some balls and make a decision, would you like me to tell you which woman to marry, car to buy or shirt to wear and how much to pay for them?

maybe because the guys asking for some advice from more "experienced" shooters that may have used one and know what one is like?

hes never used one so he doesnt know what the faults are?

c

He has apparently decided the gun for him is a pump action Remington and is simply enquiring about the price.

So, he isn't asking about the gun, who buys a pump but doesn't know about guns, perhaps he should be asking other questions. :good:

Edited by Dekers

As someone who has recently joined the gun trade I'm quite pleased that Edgars have lost the Remington brand and would like to think that they will be dumped by other brands in the future...

I was messed about no end in an effort to establish a trade account, after several months of messing about I was told to do one.

I spoke with SMK yesterday. The catalogues and prices etc. will be ready for the Tackle and Gun show (TRADE) in October.

I'm looking forward to stocking some Remington products, especially the HMR ammunition.

I'll enquire about potential warranty issues and report back on PW.

webber

Good news John

My HMR likes Remmington ammo. I'll come over for some when you have it in stock.

ATB

David

What is the problem with asking for some simple advice? I've got Dekers telling me to "Grow some balls" then there's Gordon.R implying that I have thrown my toys out of the pram.

Grow some balls??? My testicle circumference isn't in question sir..............your attitude towards other shooters is !!!

Don't know why some people have got a problem with me asking for advice on an intended purchase..................can anyone see what the problem is ???

I think it's a case of very experienced shooters having a pop at a new guy..............well done chaps, it's this sort of attitude that does a great deal to encourage others to our sport !!!! Keep it up guys !!!

Look forward to reading your next, ill mannered comments !!!!!! :no::no:

I can't say I'm impressed with your attitude. You ask for advice - some of that is - "make your own mind up".

If you can't face receiving what you have asked for - don't ask.

As for encouraging people into the sport - you aren't the best advert.

Just what I was expecting !!!

Kind regards and good day sir !!

What is the problem with asking for some simple advice? I've got Dekers telling me to "Grow some balls" then there's Gordon.R implying that I have thrown my toys out of the pram.

Grow some balls??? My testicle circumference isn't in question sir..............your attitude towards other shooters is !!!

Don't know why some people have got a problem with me asking for advice on an intended purchase..................can anyone see what the problem is ???

I think it's a case of very experienced shooters having a pop at a new guy..............well done chaps, it's this sort of attitude that does a great deal to encourage others to our sport !!!! Keep it up guys !!!

Look forward to reading your next, ill mannered comments !!!!!! :no::no:

Are you after an argument or advice, you have had plenty of advice but appear determined to start something.

You have been told by several what they thought and my original input was................

What is the issue here, what does it matter what anyone else thinks, if you like it/want it and think its ok buy it, if you don't walk away.

To which you decided to do one!

You seem to have eliminated all the usual/popular types of shotgun all by yourself and decided for some reason you want a Pump Action shotgun, even though you suggest................... I aint no expert when it comes to buying guns .......... but price checking throughout the web seems to be beyond you and you are seeking approval/advice from PW.

Just what is it you want to do that makes a Pump ideally suited for your requirements over any other shotgun you could buy, and this one in particular, as there are plenty of new cheaper ones?

I don't see any experienced shooters here having a down on new shooters, how old are you?

Edited by Dekers